Roccia Di Corte at Lazio
The Roccia Di Corte enjoys a dominant position in its Lazio landscape that bless it with unique and highly evocative views. It retains the charm of centuries of history, the ideal destination in which to enjoy a peaceful environment and benefit from an unhurried lifestyle and a tranquil and authentic haven surrounded by unrestrained, glorious nature.
Used by Bishop Ferdinando di Castello as an episcopal seminary between the Fifth and Sixth centuries, the Roccia Di Corte has been faithfully restored in keeping with the Borgo’s historic and rural past, evoking the enchanting atmosphere of times gone by and maintaining fragments of its antique frescoes. The building is adjacent to the episcopal seat that was active until 1685, with which it shares a large garden and orchard, part of which is at guests’ disposal. The Roccia Di Corte’s rooms are tastefully furnished with antiques, their authenticity kept in strict...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Civita di Bagnoregio is close to all the major Tuscan and Umbrian cultural and artistic centres. It's the ideal spot to enjoy a relaxing visit coupled with a landscape that varies from dramatic gorges and ravines to rolling hills wooded with chestnut trees and dotted with vineyards and olive groves. The immediate vicinity offers opportunities to visit captivating towns such as Orvieto, Bamarzo, Viterbo, Caprarola, Bagnaia and the plateaus of Alfina. For lake lovers, Lago Bolsena is one of Italy’s most beautiful places to swim and enjoy a pleasant day’s boating. The spas are also a wonderful form of relaxation, with the easiest to reach from the villa being the Terme dei Papi in Viterbo, or Saturnia, Bagno Vignoni and San Casciano. And let’s not forget that the beautiful Tyrrhenian Sea is less than two hours drive away! For those who like to go horseback riding or cycling there are numerous suitable routes that the Roccia Di Corte may organize for its guests. Civita di Bagnoregio is the perfect starting point for those who wish to visit the art cities of Arezzo, Florence and Rome. Handily, the villa has a service for guests to be transported to and from Rome, Florence, and other cities in the vicinity. Roccia Di Corte has a large and fully equipped kitchen (Cucina di Fratta) with dining room for a full, authentic dining experience under the watchful eye and guidance of Cristiana and other local chefs. Guests will be led on an amazing journey of taste, flavor and aromas which will be the perfect guide to discovery of local ingredients, ancient traditions and recipes. The art of making the perfect home-made pasta dish, the lightest of light cakes, learning the art of decorating dishes, even the perfect pairing of different dishes with the fine wines of the our selection! Please enquire with our concierge service if you're interested in participating in cookery lessons. ** Please note the property is positioned close to the Umbrian boarder but actually located in Lazio**
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 2.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €200, paid locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- > If not included, what are they? : €200
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Changeover day : Any day of the week.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and any other special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.