Casa Poggio at Toscana
A recent entry in the guestbook of this villa in Tuscany reads, “One of the best places on earth!” We know you’ll agree. If food and wine are your passion you’re in luck; this estate produces both wine and olive oil. You’ll stay in a stately stone farmhouse on top of the hill among those olives and grapes, the rolling countryside laid out beneath you.
Spend your days by the L-shaped private pool, which sits on a pretty stone terrace nestled on the side of the hill. Active travellers will adore the gym, with both cardio and weightlifting equipment. Come inside the villa, and feel the Old World charm. Original wooden beams oversee antique furniture and a wide brick fireplace in the living room. You’ll be charmed by the eat-in kitchen (with stone floors and intricate blue tiles) and the dining room, where you can open the doors and let the breezes blow through.
You’re in the Chianti region - known worldwide for its...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Barbeque Grill: Charcoal
Casa Poggio is set in a stunning estate and has a splendid view of the Chianti hills. It was restored with great care and attention taken to preserve the original structures. Situated in the heart of the Chianti region, San Casciano Val di Pesa, Casa Poggio offers the possibility of enjoying rural living in an antique country home and, at the same time, one can quickly reach the urban and cultural centres of Tuscany. Florence (15 km) Siena (44 km) San Gimignano, Lucca, Arezzo and Pisa (100 km) <b>Local Amenities </b>Nearest village (Montefiridolfi): 2 Km San Casciano in Val di Pesa: 5 km Bank: 5 Km Chemistry: 5 Km Post office: 5 Km Grocery: 2 Km Restaurant: 2 Km Bus stop: 2 Km<b> Nearby Locations </b>Florence Airport: 30 Km Florence train station (S.M.Novella): 20 Km Pisa Airport: 100 Km Rome: 290 Km Venice: 260 km Milan: 310 km
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : Copy of credit card (Visa or Mastercard) required on arrival and will be given back on departure, after inspection.
- Arrival time : 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
- Departure time : By 10.00 am.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately beginning of May to end-October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.