Impressive 14th Century Grand Catalan Mansion with Spectacular Amenities in Catalunya
This noble 14th Century Catalan mansion offers the best of both worlds with sumptuous and sophisticated accommodation in a stunningly serene location.
A grand and imposing property, Mas Guadalupe stands proud surrounded by peaceful countryside where uplands of dense forest contrast with verdant, flowering meadows to create a real-life oil painting. From the large, first-floor sun terrace, views of the sparkling azure Mediterranean stretching out into the distant horizon are a magical reminder that this essentially rural setting is only a 10 minute drive from some of most picturesque and unspoilt coastal beauty spots to be found along the Catalan coastline, including Aigua Blava, Tamariu and Llafranc (to name but a few).
As you’d expect from a property that has been lovingly restored over 24 years, great care has been taken to retain all the original features. Rib-vaulted and Baroque style painted ceilings,...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
41.Stretching north from the town of Blanes and almost to the French border, seafronts are seldom as picturesque as the one hugging the Costa Brava. Holidays here are the ideal way to enjoy this sun and sea destination, which offers history and culture in the form of idyllic fishing villages to complement the beautiful weather. Mas Guadalupe is in a charming Costa Brava province called Girona. If you're expecting it to be absolutely rural and not developed, full of farms and far from the civilization then it's time to think again - this part of Spain really is full of surprises. Forget about your work, forget about the everyday routine and dip into your dreams! Go to Palafrugell (4 km from Mas Guadalupe) and explore its narrow streets and ancient fortifications. Visit St. Martí's 11th century church, or go to Calella de Palafrugell, or Llafranc (8.5 km from Mas Guadalupe), an area loved by artists such as Salvador Dalí and Ernest Hemingway and have a nice stroll along the sea. Go to the stunning secluded rocky coasts near Tamariu and Begur to enjoy a dip in the crystal clear water, considered the purest of the region. Enjoy the marvellous views of the enormous vertical cliffs going down into the sea and covered with pine trees. Touch the medieval architecture of Peratallada and breathe the scent of herbs in the air during its Herb Festival. Move on to L´Escala to visit its port full of small ships. Pass by Ampurias’ ruins or get closer to the arts in Figueres, where you'll find the Dalí Theatre-Museum. This contains a broad spectrum of works covering Dalí's career, and is a real must for visitors! And of course, only an hour-and-a-half-drive from Mas Guadalupe is gorgeous and cosmopolitan Barcelona with its Gaudí buildings, the Temple of Sagrada Familia (his masterpiece and architectural jewel) or Casa Batlló, a major landmark of Modernist style. Also worth a visit is Barcelona's magnificent theatre opera house, the Gran Teatre del Liceu, opened in 1847 on Barcelona's famous Rambla. One of the key landmarks of Barcelona, it has been a major centre for culture and the performing arts for over 150 years.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Wheelchair access
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €2000 payable on arrival
- Arrival time : 4 pm
- Departure time : 10 am
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Linen & towels included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside the villa
- Pets welcome? : Pets not allowed
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property
- Changeover day : Friday
- Other Ts and Cs : Heating of exterior swimming-pool is extra, if require