Berry Wood Barn at Wales
This unique stone Barn has been cleverly created by joining 2 beautiful old barns that have been thoughtfully and lovingly renovated. This ideal Welsh getaway offers a warm, welcoming and light atmosphere throughout.
The Barn whilst be perfectly situated in the peace and quiet of the Monmouthshire countryside boast all mod con and comforts readily available including underfloor heating throughout, handmade curtains to make the barn cosy in the evenings when the fire is lit and many antiques and lovely pictures providing a homely feel.
The kitchen is a large light filled room linking the two barns. There is an antique table which comfortably seating for 12, a Lacanche range with 2 ovens and 5 rings on the hob, a dishwasher and a butler’s sink. A few steps up from the kitchen is the sitting room with a large open fireplace, comfortable sofa and chairs and French windows that open onto the courtyard. There are book shelves...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Berry Wood Barn is one of the most spectacularly positioned houses in the Llantony valley in the Black Mountains. Perched high on Hatterall Ridge in the Brecon Beacons National Park, the views from the barn are truly breathtaking. Stand at the kitchen window and the valley sweeps away before you towards Hay on Wye. Although you are in the middle of nowhere with only sheep for neighbours, Abergavenny is only 15 minutes drive away and Hereford is 20 mins. Enjoy the best of welsh cuisine at the Michelin starred, Walnut Tree Inn, is just a few miles away, as is The Hardwick Restaurant with its Michelin starred chef, Stephen Terry, or try the Bell at Skenfrith for a delicious Sunday lunch. Alternatively for a more low key meal the Queen's Head just down the hill or the The Skirrid Inn are great options. If you’re bringing your best friend along we'd recommend The Crown at Pantygelli for pet friendly pub lunches. Local Activities - Walking: You can walk directly from the barn or drive a short way to find many fantastic walks. - Riding: At Llantony Abbey there is a pony trekking centre where you can do half a day or a whole day riding in the hills. Within 10 minutes drive from the barn there is a riding stables with very good teachers and horses. - Shooting: There is clay pigeon shooting ten minutes from the barn as well as a shooting school about 45 minutes drive from the barn. - Bird Watching: On Hatterall Hill, 5 minutes from the barn, there are Red Kites and many other beautiful birds. - Hang Gliding: Many people love to jump off the hills around us and hang glide when the wind is blowing in the right direction. - Climbing, Zip Wires and Sailing: There is a climbing wall for children (useful on a wet day!), zip wires, riding and a lake to sail on at a local Activity Centre. Places to Visit - Hay-On-Wye - Abergavenny - Crickhowell - The Big Pit - Herefordshire - Forest Of Dean - Brecon Canals - Brecon Mountain Railway
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £500. This is paid on arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Arrival time : 4 pm onwards.
- Departure time : 10 am.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price.
- Linen & towels included? : All linen and bath towels are included in the rental price.
- Pets welcome? : No pets please
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included. Please leave the property in the state that you found it.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking in the property.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that use of the trampoline is at guests own risk and the owners cannot take responsibility for any trampoline related accidents. Small children should not be left unsupervised and only a small & sensible number of children should use at any one time. The trampoline should not be used in high wind/ electrical storms or wet/icy conditions.