Chateau De La Guerinche at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
This stunning 17th century chateau, found just 80km south of Limoges in picturesque rolling countryside, is the ideal base to explore the beautiful region of the Dordogne.
The Chateau de la Guerinche is set within 15 acres of spacious grounds, gardens and orchards that open out onto to a lake with private woodland paths that lend themselves to leisurely strolls. The Chateau had been in the same family for over 300 years – the Comtes de Tessyiere military family – and is the epitome of 17th century manor living.
Now restored, all the rooms in the Chateau de la Guerinche are individually furnished to an exceedingly high standard and are full of authentic French fabrics, antiques and silks.
Chateau De La Guerinche is a truly magical holiday destination for kids, particularly those with a love for the outdoors, set within 11 acres of mixed woodland that will be sure to excite the imagination and adventurous spirit in...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
The nearest airports are Limoges (60km) and Bergerac (70km) and the nearest town is Thiviers (1km). Thiviers is a sizable traditional market town. It has three supermarkets plus a good range of shops, bars and a great market in the square Wednesdays and Saturdays. The N21 runs between Limoges and Perigeux 20 mins south of Thiviers. This is at the centre of the Truffle and Fois Gras region of France at the northern end of the Dordogne. The Chateau is found due East of the Bordeaux Vineyards (45 mins to St.Emillion), North of the Bergerac Wine area and south of the Loire. This is the perfect country for a food and wine tour. The Castles of the Dordogne and fantastic Grottos of Villars are all also in close proximity. Popular local activities include tennis, golf, canoeing, cycling, walking, bird watching and nature trails. A beautiful horse race track can be found at the Pompadour just 40 mins to the East. Throughout the spring and early summer months National hunt, eventing and dressage events take place.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £1000. This is paid on arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00pm.
- Departure time : 10.00 am.
- Energy costs included? : Electricity/ water/ cooking gas included, Heating not.
- > If not included, what are they? : Central heating included for winter Nov-March or £500/week.
- Linen & towels included? : All linen and bath towels are included in the rental price.
- Pets welcome? : Yes, only 1
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included. Please leave the property in the state that you found it.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking in the property.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.