Lorenzo Village at Toscana
Stay in a beautifully restored historic <i>borgo</i> for up to 43 guests, a short drive from magical San Gimignano and within easy reach of both Siena and Florence.
The hospitable Bandini family purchased this hamlet at the end of the twentieth century and have taken many years restoring it with great care and attention. Offering a totally unique holiday experience, or perhaps an enchanting place for a dream Tuscan wedding, each of the apartments has been lovingly furnished with character and charm and are now used for their original purpose as a working farm and guest house.
Available to be exclusively hired, each apartment has its own private entrance and terrace and there’s a glorious swimming pool with idyllic views of the undulating hills and Tuscan landscapes. New for 2021, a sparkling indoor venue provides the ideal space for a wedding reception or could be a fine spot to host a yoga retreat...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Lorenzo Village is a beautiful old <i>borgo</i>/hamlet which has been converted into apartments and rooms. The setting is perfect in the heart of Tuscany between Siena and Florence, with easy access to the motorway, allowing guests to be able to visit some of Tuscany’s most idyllic villages, historic towns and wonderful cities and countryside. The <i>borgo</i> itself has a fascinating history dating back to around 553 AD and treasures that were found when excavating the hamlet last century can be seen in the Museo Civico e Diocesano d’Arte sacra near Colle Val D’Elsa, just 6km away. You can also visit the 9th century church in the hamlet with its frescos on the altar. In medieval times the <i>borgo</i> was a place of hospitality on the pilgrimage route for travellers to Rome; nowadays guests are equally well looked after in the delightful Lorenzo village. The restaurant on site is family-run and is occasionally open to outside customers as well - there are options to reserve the restaurant for exclusive use if desired. The estate is surrounded by natural parkland - look out for deers, wild boars, hares and fawns. There is a path accessible from the grounds that takes you to the 6km long cycling route that connects Poggibonsi and Colle Val D'Elsa. Both Tuscan towns of Poggibonsi and charming Colle di Val d’Elsa are around a ten-minute drive away where you will find a variety of good local restaurants, supermarkets and lovely shops. You’re also conveniently near the Autostradale Firenze-Siena, meaning Siena (28km) is just half an hour away by car and Florence (48km) can be reached in around 45 minutes. One other option is to drive to Poggibonsi (4km) and pick up a train to either city for a fantastic day out.The enchanting village of San Gimignano (15km) is also close by, a glorious medieval town with its many towers and is famous for its historic beauty. The village also has a fine reputation for its food and wine – look out for pretty shops selling local saffron and also the famous Vernaccia white wine of this region. Of course you are surrounding by magical Tuscan landscapes of rolling hills, cypress trees, olive groves and vineyards. You can visit some of the classic Chianti wine villages within half an hour such as Castellina in Chianti (19km) and Radda in Chianti (30km) or drive just over an hour south to the glorious countryside around the famous towns of Montepulciano (88km) and Cortona (99km). This area also offers outstanding walking and cycling routes, mountain biking opportunities, horse-riding and even tennis lessons within a short distance.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000. This is paid prior to arrival and will be refunded in full after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : Before 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : No, charges apply.
- Heating costs included? : No, charges apply.
- End of stay cleaning included? : No, charges apply. In all instances, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and any other special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Pets welcome? : No.