Aikwood Tower at Scotland
Aikwood Tower is different than most castles and country houses in Scotland. Its charm lies in its intimacy. Entering via the walled garden and west door, guests will see Aikwood Tower’s endearing quirks of architecture and craftsmanship, as the Kerry-handed (left turning) spiral staircase lies before them.
The Great Hall, with a roaring fire and luxurious furnishings, provides a comfortable and informal atmosphere for guests to relax. Meal time conversations swirl around the vaulted ceiling of the dining room and kitchen. A small reading study with panelled ceiling offers tranquillity and a peaceful space to read.
A good night’s rest is important, so all Aikwood Tower bedrooms have Duxiana beds, the most technologically advanced sleep system in the world. There are four double bedrooms in the main tower, with the Master Bedroom as the highlight, and a fifth in the extending byre.
The lower floor of...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Business Facilities: Meeting Rooms
Outdoor Dining Area
Aikwood Tower is located 40 miles south of Edinburgh in the heart of the Ettrick Forest and offers some of the finest shooting and fishing in Scotland, among many other leisure activities. Aikwood Tower is truly blessed by its location. With Shooting Times regularly listing the neighbouring Bowhill Estate pheasant shoot as one of the country’s Top 10, and the River Tweed with its legendary salmon fishing flowing nearby, country sports enthusiasts will be in their element. The rolling hills and woodland trails of the Ettrick and Yarrow valleys are perfect for walking, mountain biking or horse riding, and their rivers are ideal for kayaking. Maps and suggested trails are available to help guests navigate around the countryside, as are local guides who can point out the rich diversity of flora, fauna and wildlife, including the majestic ospreys that have recently returned to the region. Just 30 minutes away is the mountain biking Mecca of Glentress Forest, the UK's leading mountain biking centre with its wide variety of trails and challenging downhill runs. The fantastic championship golf courses of Roxburghe, a woodland course, and Cardrona, a woodland/parkland course, are both nearby. Tennis courts are just a 5 minute drive away as well. If guests want a personal yoga session or soothing massage to ease away the day's exertions, local practitioners are available to come to Aikwood Tower and can be arranged if required. Rich and varied in its history and culture, the Scottish borders have much to explore, from Melrose Abbey to Samye Ling Bhuddist temple and the local towns' summer common festivities, from riding to rugby tournaments. With Edinburgh just an hour drive away, a large array of city delights is within easy striking distance.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £500 due prior to arrival and to be refunded in full subject to a damage inspection on departure
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Any except Saturday & Sunday
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 2-night minimum stay, this may be increased at peak times
- Pets welcome? : Two well behaved dogs are allowed on a request basis for an additional charge of £20 per dog, per stay.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Other Ts and Cs : Two additional single beds with full linen are available for an additional charge of £55 per bed, per night. Please request at time of booking.