Incredible Modern Château with Pool and 3 Hectares Land in Languedoc
The words “ultramodern castle” aren’t a contradiction when you experience this expertly renovated château in Languedoc, which is also one of the best wine producers of the region.
Here you have the best of both worlds; old stone arches are a cunning counterpoint to sleek, modern furniture. Playful textiles pop against clean and classic lines. Your guests will never forget the time they’ve had, sipping cocktails by the grand piano or exploring the timeless 3-hectare park.
You’re invited to taste the wines that are produced on-site, which regularly win awards and have been well-reviewed in wine magazines bettane+desseauve and La Revue du Vin de France. There are 60 hectares of grapevines on this vast property, 40 km south of Montpellier (the heart of the Languedoc-Roussillon wine region). If you’re in need of more activity than a stroll through the vines - and the 100 hectares of garrigue - have a swim in the 13m...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Château Valjoyeuse is set in a 3 hectare estate of beautiful countryside including vineyards, in the Hérault countryside between Pézenas (12km) and Mèze (10km). You’re invited to taste the wines that are produced on-site as there are 60 hectares of grapevines on this property. Surrounded by hectares of garrigue, it is a wonderful area for walking, including the ancient Roman route of Via Domitia which passes nearby. Cyclists can head to the nearest village or explore further afield on one of the many cycling routes in the area. The closest village of Montagnac (3km) is very picturesque with some interesting shops, a handful of rural French bars and restaurants and a pretty medieval church worthy of a visit. Historic Pézenas (12km) is also just a short drive away, a great place to spend some time wandering around the town’s art galleries and antique shops or stopping for a bite to eat in one of the many good restaurants. Pézenas also hosts one of the region's finest markets on a Saturday morning. Within ten minutes drive you can be on the water’s edge at Étang de Thau, one of the impressive lagoons along this part of the coast. The water is famous for oysters and you can take fantastic boat trips to the oyster beds of Bouzigues. Of course you can enjoy some excellent sea-food in the fishing villages dotted around Étang de Thau, including nearby Mèze (12km) where you will also find some watersports, a weekly market and lots of local events. The unspoilt and authentic town of Sète (28km) has long sandy beaches and there are further seaside resorts at Marseillan Plage (24km) and Cap d’Agade (32km), with more watersports available. The city of Montpellier (45km) is the region’s capital and full of stunning plazas, great shops and historical sites. Other places worthy of a day trip include the magnificent fortified town of Carcassone (120km), the impressive Roman aquaduct at Pont du Gard (120km) and one of the most beautiful villages in France, Saint Guilhem le Désert (40km), all three of them are UNESCO World Heritage sites. There are activities for young and old nearby, from kite-surfing in Marseillan to yachting in Mèze, and golf lovers have a choice of courses in the Languedoc. There are plenty of marked trails for walking and bike rides and there is horse-riding within a few minutes. You may also like to watch the popular and traditional sport of water jousting which takes place throughout the summer with competitions between local seaside towns. Finally, dinosaur lovers have the choice of the nearby Dinosaur museum, just ten minutes drive away or the Dino-Park within 30 kilometres, both open from April to October.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €3000 paid via bank transfer to the owner before arrival and refunded 5 days after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 3.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 12.00 p.m. (other times available on request, please enquire).
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : Small dogs are accepted on request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : VAT is included.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Minimum stay : 2 nights.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : The owner requires guests to sign an agreement before the arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Breakfast is included daily (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays).