Sandcrest Cottage at England
<b><i>*In line with the current government advice the hot tub is not currently open and will not be reopening for Summer 2020.</i></b>
Totally secluded and private, Sandcrest Cottage offers accommodation for up to six people. The house is exceptionally spacious, light and airy.
The open plan living area features a log burner, a large L-shaped sofa, flat screen HD TV, DVD and high speed WiFi. The open plan kitchen has a large dining room table, a fully equiped kitchen with an en-suite utility room, which includes a sink, washing machine, dishwasher, extra fridge freezer and a small office area.
Accommodation consists of two-ground floor double bedrooms. The master bedroom features a high apex ceiling with skylight window, walk in wardrobe shower room, and doors that open onto the deck. The second bedroom is at the other end of the house and has a large en-suite shower room, TV/DVD, and...
At a glance
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Nestled in the sand dunes on the north coast of Cornwall, with direct access to a top surfing beach, you will find Sandcrest Cottage, an ideal getaway! Located a few yards from the beautiful sandy beach of Mawgan Porth, on the North Cornish Coast there are miles of spectacular walks accessed directly from the house. Mawgan Porth itself offers a choice of activities. Neighbouring Watergate Bay and its famous surfing beach offers a choice of waters sports and Jamie Oliver's Fifteen Restaurant. <i>Places to visit </i>There are so many amazing places to explore. Mawgan Porth is a great surfing beach with a surf school and just a stones throw away in Padstow are some fantastic eateries including the famous Rick Steins restaurant.<i> </i> There are also many local attractions that will help you unwind and relax in this tranquil setting. These include: Perched on a Cornish cliff top overlooking Mawgan Porth, the Scarlet Eco Hotel and Spa makes the most of the scenery, with facilities to enjoy treatments while listening to the waves crashing on the beach below. The cliffs at Bedruthan have been systematically eroded over the years, leaving a series of impressive volcanic rock stacks. Other attractions include the huge rock formations known as the “giant’s steps”. National Trust and houses of historic interest are all within the local area, so plenty to do and see. If you fancy going a little further a field, then The Eden Project is just 40mins away by car, or visit The Lost Gardens of Heligan, or simply just visit the village of Mawgan Porth itself. <i> Local Attractions </i>Mawgan Porth was recently featured on ITV's 'Holiday Home Sweet Home'! Generations of Families have visited this beautiful unspoiled Cornish destination for years. Mawgan Porth Beach is on the stunning North Cornwall Coast and is regarded as one of the top surfing destinations in Cornwall. It is renowned for quality waves and caters to beginner surfers and advanced equally, with lifeguards on duty for safety. The local surf school 'King Surf' is on hand for lessons. During the middle part of the 20th century, an ancient settlement was uncovered just behind the beach by archaeologists that dates back to Saxon times. It now hosts a popular 'pitch & putt'. After working up an appetite surfing, there are a number of different local places to eat. Whether you are looking for a fine-dining experience in a fancy restaurant or a small place that the locals frequent, you can find it in Mawgan Porth. Local train station: Newquay train station, 8.5km (5.3 miles) – duration via car, 20 mins. Local Airport: Newquay airport – 10mins (Heathrow to Newquay airport is a regular service.) Local towns: Padstow. Local beaches: On the doorstep – literally! (Mawgan Porth). There is also the must see Watergate Bay.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £500 which must be paid directly to the owners of the property at least 2 days before arriving at the property.
- Arrival time : 5pm
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Included.
- Linen & towels included? : Bed linen and 1 bath and hand towel are provided per guest. Bath mats and tea towels are also provided. Please bring your own beach towels. Damaged or stained bed linen or towels must be paid for.
- Pets welcome? : Well behaved dogs are welcome, £40 per dog to cover additional house keeping. Extra blankets required.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Changeover day : Friday
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that this property does not accept stag/ hen do's. Guests booking online will still be requried to notify us regarding their reason for travel.
- Other 2 : There is parking for four cars in the courtyard, and space for one large van in the overhead gantry.