Villa Des Anges at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
A beautiful romance can easily flourish in this precious country cottage in the Dordogne. Everything a couple needs is within the four rough-hewn walls of the petit villa, but your honeymoon will truly bloom in the gardens, and the countryside beyond. You won’t believe your eyes as you swim in the small private pool, the rolling green hills stretching out before you, the flowers in the garden nodding their heads.
Use the villa’s bicycles to ride to Saint Méard de Gurçon (2 km), a town full of flowers, gorgeous architecture, and award-winning wine. Indeed, you’re in the middle of wine country; don’t pass over the chance to taste your way through the Bergerac wine region (just follow the Dordogne river toward Bergerac, 30 km away). In the opposite direction you can visit Château de Montaigne (15 km), a wine-producing castle where French philosopher Michel de Montaigne was born.
An hour’s drive will take you to the...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa des Anges is strategically set on the Montravel road, in between the towns of Saint Emilion and Bergerac. The closest village is Saint Méard de Gurçon (2 km), with its flower lined roads, a magnificent Gothic church and also renowned for its excellent wine producers. Sainte Foy La Grande, a 13th century bastide town facing the Dordogne river is about 10 km away as is Montpone with its lively Wednesday market. A visit to the world heritage site of Saint Emilion is also strongly recommended. The whole area swarms of tourist attractions and entertaining activities including wine-tasting tours such as the famous Route des Vins de Bergerac, cruises down the Dordogne river, horse-back riding, tennis and golf. The international airport of Bergerac is only at a 40 minutes drive, whereas that of Bordeaux can be reached in one hour.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £300 or €400 charged to clients' credit card prior to arrival.
- Arrival time : Between 4.00 p.m. and 6.00 p.m.
- Departure time : Before 10.00 a.m.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes (changed weekly on request).
- Other Ts and Cs : Adequate travel insurance is required.
- Pets welcome? : Pets may be accepted on request. Please enquire.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Heating costs included? : Extra €50/week from October to April.