La Gerbaudie at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Groups with children will adore this rustic and rather quirky country villa in the Dordogne. There is plenty of outdoor space and the salt water swimming pool is in an enclosed courtyard. Three of the four bedrooms are set up family style, with a both a double and a twin bed. You’ll be charmed by the original details - worn wooden beams overhead, antique fireplace facades, and gorgeous stone terrace.
This family villa’s outdoor kitchen is a boon if you venture to one of the local markets! Sunday is market day in the nearest village, Bourdeilles (4 km), where you’ll find fine cheese, local produce, and foie gras. Farther south is Périgueux (20 km), where there’s a larger market and a bustling town.
This region is also an educational opportunity. Périgueux is home to the Perigord Museum of Art and Archeology, and Gallo-Roman ruins. Another nearby city worth a visit is Brantôme (7 km), where the Dronne river runs...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The villa is located at 4 km from Bourdeilles, one of the most well-known villages in Dordogne. Its Feudal Fortress XIIC and Rennaissance palace XVIC are certainly worth a visit as are its local shops and markets. On-site activities include tennis, canoeing and horse riding. Brantome (7km) is a stunning town reminiscent of Venice. The abbey is a highlight, with boat trips and canoeing amongst the favourite activities here. Périgueux, famous for its amazing golf courses, is also easily accessible. Local Activities and Amenities - Public tennis court: Bourdeilles - Golf: Marsac sur Lisle, Perigueux (24k's) (Tel : 055 353 6590) Canoe/kayak : Brantome Canoes, Rte. de Thiviers, Brantome. (Tel : 055 305 7724) Watersports : Canoes Bourdeilles Loisirs 8Tel : 055 304 5694); Les Canoes du Moulin, Lisle (Tel : 055 354 9371); Lac de Jemaye, St. Andre de Double (43k's approx.) Pedaloes, canoe, quad bike etc. - Beach: Lac de Jemaye or along the River Dronne - Fishing along the River Dronne, permits can be bought from bars and shops in the area - VTT/bicycle hire: Cycles Spad'Zone, Brantome. Tel : 0553 080 265 - Horse riding: Ferme Equestre de Naudonnet, Bourdeilles (3k's approx) - Local produce market: Lisle (Tuesday), Brantome (Friday and Sunday), Thiviers (Saturdy), Tocane St. Apre (Saturday). - Restaurants: Auberge de la Truffe, Sorges (Tel : 055 305 0205); Les Freres Charbonnel, Brantome (Tel : 055 305 7015); Hostellerie le Donjon, Bourdeilles (Tel : 055 304 8203) - Pharmacy: Brantome (Tel : 055 335 8484) - Doctor: Berecos, Constantin (Tel : 055 303 7276) - Bank: Brantome - Cash machine: Brantome -Tourist information: Brantome (Tel : 055 305 8052) and Perigueux (Tel : 055 353 1063) Tourist attractions: -Bourdeilles: Feudal Fortress XIIC and Rennaissance palace XVIC side by side, majestic! Tel : 055 303 7336 - Villars (20k's approx): Chateau Puyguilhem XVIC, early Rennaissance and Les Grottes de Villars - Brantome (7k's): Benedictine Abbey, troglodytical caves, and famous for its restaurants - Perigueux (24k's) Two thousand years of history and lots of shopping! - Public Gardens to visit : Les Jardins de l'Imaginaire, Terrasson; Les Jardins de l'au-dela, Brantome; Jardins de l'abbaye, Brantome (Free visit) Jardin du Chateau de Mellet, Neuvic sur l'Isle; Jardins du Chateau de Hautefort, Hautefort;Jardin du Chateau de Jumilhac, Jumilhac le Grand; Jardin du l'Institut du Tabac, Bergerac. - Night life: 'Le Village', Chateau l'Eveque (between Brantome and Perigueux)
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €400 per week charged to clients' credit card prior to arrival.
- Arrival time : Between 16.00 and 18.00 (If you are unable to do so please contact owner to advise estimated time of arrival)
- Departure time : Before 10.00 a.m.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes. Linen changed weekly: Extra linen is left in the property, if requested at the time of booking. Pool towels are not included.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Insurance : Adequate travel insurance is required.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes
- Minimum stay : 7 nights
- Other Ts and Cs : The property is available from mid June to mid September.
- Other 2 : Please note there are low ceiling heights between the kitchen and living area.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.