Chateau De Baloigne at Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes
Chateau De Baloigne sits in the popular Ardeche region of south eastern France. For those seeking comfort, character, style and an atmosphere unique amongst our collection, then this medieval castle is the perfect choice for your luxury chateau holiday! This fabulous self-catering chateau is surrounded by medieval ruins providing a truly atmospheric holiday experience.
The Chateau De Baloigne, and indeed the whole estate, is protected by the government as a Historic Monument. However, the ancient building has been combined with 21st century touches such as a fully fitted kitchen, hot and cold running water and modern bathrooms with showers. The interior décor is traditionally French but with a few Spanish touches.
The Chateau De Baloigne can sleep up to 15 guests in six bedrooms in the main house and a basic studio apartment is also available in a separate part of the ruins if needed, (all of which overlook the medieval...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The walkable Ardeche river is a great spot to picnic, swim or fish. There are plenty of water sport activities locally and the crocodile park nearby is also worth a visit! The nearest swimming pool is just a 10 minute drive away and is great for the kids if they don't fancy the river below the chateau. Essentials (such as bread and wine) can be found just 2km from the chateau. There are also a couple of good restaurants within walking distance. All the necessary shops, services and restaurants are 4km away in the charming village of Saint Michel de Boulogne. Lyon airport is 100km away. The area is renowned for its multitude of outdoor activities including horse riding, walking and canyoning on the river to name just a few locally.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000. The security deposit is paid on arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Arrival time : 16.00
- Departure time : 10.00
- Energy costs included? : To expenditure.
- Linen & towels included? : All linen and towels are included in the rental price.
- Pets welcome? : The property doesn't lend itself to pets but please enquire as it may be possible depending on the circumstances.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking in the property.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Minimum stay : 4 nights.