Chateau Du Mas at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
This beautiful 18th Century Château offers the perfect blend of historic elegance and modern amenities. With accommodation for 8 adults in four large rooms, three with en-suite facilities, and a dedicated nursery for children, this property is ideal for large families or multi-generational groups holidaying together.
Chateau du Mas is a private estate set within spectacular parkland, offering panoramic views across the countryside and a large private and heated pool for guest use. The house is close to a historic village and also has direct access to cycling and walking routes. Riding, golf and paintball are all within 20 minutes.
The property’s charming owners live in a cottage onsite with their two small daughters. They have thought of everything that you might need to have a wonderfully relaxing time while on holiday. The daily housekeeping service is a welcome break from your daily routine and home cooked...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
This family friendly Chateau provides an elegant base to enjoy the lovely gentle countryside of the Charente. Just a stones throw from the Dordogne but without the crowds, there is so much to see in the area that you will never be short of things to do, For days out there are markets, golf courses, horse riding, swimming, beaches and activity parks all within 20 minutes. The beautiful ramparted city of Angoulême is just a 30 minute drive away and is a wonderful place to wander and explore. The city itself is the world capital for Bande Dessinée (comic strip), and here you will find many of the buildings decorated with beautiful art work and a fascinating museum dedicated to the art. Alongside this, the city itself has stunning architecture, traditional markets, beautiful gardens, pavement cafes and a variety of restaurants. Accrobranche in Soyaux, only a 15 minute drive away, is a fantastic place for all ages from 3 years upwards to have fun together, climbing the trees with ropes and harnesses, completing differing levels of difficulty. For the very small there is a traditional playground with swings and slides next to this, or if this is too energetic for you, there is plenty of space to just sit in the shade of the trees with a coffee while the children burn off some energy: www.accroparc-de-soyaux.com If energy burning is what your small people need then Kizou in Angoulême's mountain shopping zone is just the place for the odd inclement day. An indoor adventure play ground with all the usual ball pools, ropes and soft play: wwww.kizouaventures.fr If you have teenagers or energetic adults then what could be more fun than a chance to run around paint balling at the biggest venue in the Charente, both indoor and outdoor courses and only 10 minutes from the Château: www.eden-paintball.fr For those of you for whom a beach and a bucket and spade is a necessity on holiday then the 23Ha Fresh water lake at the Plan d'Eau just outside Anglouleme is a fabulous place for a grand day out. It has lovely sandy beaches and a large range of water sports on offer. Just next to this is Angoulême's water park Nautilis where you will find indoor and outdoor pools, flumes, rapids, wave pool and gentle areas for small people to play: www.nautilis.fr
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £1000 paid to the owner via bank transfer prior to arrival.
- Arrival time : 16.00
- Departure time : 10.00
- Energy costs included? : Included.
- Linen & towels included? : Included & pool towels too.
- Pets welcome? : No pets allowed.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Please enquire.
- Smoking Allowed? : No
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights