Fantastic Graceful Disney-Style Chateau with 5 Acre Gardens in Cevennes Mountains
This graceful, Disney-style chateau was built in 1575 and has three stunningly beautiful towers with impressive turrets. Chateau Chamborigaud is set in a lovely 5 acre park in the Cevennes mountains, and enjoys the river Luech flowing lazily along its boundaries. Nimes airport is just over one hour drive away (and the drive itself is incredibly scenic!) and the train station to the Montpellier coast and Paris is only a 15 minute walk away.
There is a substantial terrace around the chateau which is perfect for dining, and in the beautiful park-style grounds you’ll find a large heated outdoor swimming pool area with cuisine d’ete, a terrace for BBQs and a changing room.
Chateau Chamborigaud is within a couple of minute’s walk of a charmingly beautiful village with adjacent tennis court (€7 p/h and a key in chateau), shopping facilities, bars and restaurants. There are also many beautiful walks and drives to enjoy in the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Tennis Courts: Community
Outdoor Dining Area
The local village of Chamborigaud is a five minute walk, and contains three small supermarkets, a boulangerie, butcher, 3 restaurants, a tobacconist and a wine shop. There is also a wonderful market on Sunday's that should not be missed during your stay! There are two 18 hole golf-courses within an hour's drive towards Nimes, and you'll also find a 9 hole golf course not too far from Villefort (approximately 30 minutes' drive away). The area also has excellent trout fishing and there are several stocked lakes for children. The newly refurbished tennis court is only 5 minutes' walk away if you feel the need for a more intense workout. There is a key to the tennis court at the chateau. If you want to ensure you can get on you need to book a slot at the town hall or restaurant in town (€7 p/h) but most people just chance it as it is rarely used. However, be aware that someone else may come along and use it if you haven't booked it. The whole area is adjacent to the Cevennes National Park, which is renowned for its beautiful scenery and rivers - here you'll find an abundance of walks through unspoiled countryside. There is skiing in the Cevennes at nearby Mas de la Barque and Mont Aigaoul – ski de fond (cross country) is the most common way to enjoy the area, with a little downhill and tobogganing also available. It's 30-40 mins drive to skiing at Mas de la Barque, and the reservoir at Villefort is 30 mins drive away and offers a huge range of outdoor activities including pedalo hiring, kayaks, sailing boats, mountaineering, canyoning and potholing. Flights - The chateau is one hours drive from Nimes (Garons) airport (Ryanair from Luton and East Midlands), or 1½ hours from Montpellier (Ryanair from Stansted or Easyjet from Gatwick), or 2 hours from Marseilles (British Airways from Gatwick). Trains - Eurostar to Lille or Paris and then TGV to Nimes. From Nimes either taxi or train from Nimes to Chamborigaud (which goes on to Clermont Ferrand) – the chateau is a 15 minute walk from the train station. The area also has its own vineyards and free “degustations” (wine tastings) and tours can easily be arranged. The area is rich in beautiful towns with nearby Uzes and the World Heritage Site of Pont du Gard – the Roman Aquaduct is also within an hour’s drive, and is a must see if you've a passion for history! Ales is the nearest large town for shopping, and is situated a 20 minute drive away. It has the usual hypermarkets, ten-pin bowling, cinemas and a hospital. There is also a doctor's surgery in close proximity to the house. Walking – the estate is bordered by the River Luech and there are some beautiful walks along its banks straight from the chateau grounds. The nearby village of Pont de Rastel is a short walk away, and is also incredible beautiful and perfect for exploring on foot!
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £3000. This is paid by bank transfer 14 days prior to arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : All included except pool heating by arrangement.
- Linen & towels included? : All provided including pool towels.
- Pets welcome? : None inside.There is a large garage, and utility room attached both of which can be used to house a crate for the dog to sleep in.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included. There is also a complimentary mid week cleaning service of the shared spaces and bathrooms.
- Smoking Allowed? : None inside.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Pool heating charge? : £75 for heating per day
- Minimum stay : 7 nights
- Changeover day : Saturday in June, July, August, September, Christmas & New Year. Flexible during all other periods.