Le Chai at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Enjoy the beauty of two gardens at Le Chai, a holiday rental house in the Dordogne. The large 19th century home sits within 7.5 acres of private grounds, including a picturesque landscaped garden for relaxation and another designed around a large swimming pool (15x7m), with a lawn for outdoor activities such as badminton, table tennis, cricket and a giant chessboard.
Inside, this traditional home features high ceilings, beautiful hardwood floors, antique furnishings and characterful decor. With 2 charming living rooms and a dining room for 12 with a large window for fresh air, it feels like an authentic old French home where you can all gather in pretty surroundings. The 6 bedrooms, some with exposed wooden beams, sleep 12, and there are 4 modernised bathrooms. With wireless broadband internet and cable TV with English and US channels, you can keep in touch with home.
The region is known for its Perigord cuisine—like...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
There is a village you can walk to however it does not have any shops or a <i>boulangerie</i>. There is however a great kids playground in the village that will appeal to younger guests. The nearest bakery is in Mouleydier (7km). Medieval Lalinde is just 9km away, a pretty market town on the Dordogne river where you will find shops, restaurants and a supermarket. The market takes place on a Thursday morning and there's a lovely atmosphere as locals come out to buy lots of fresh, good quality produce. Vineyards and fortified towns are the highlights of the “Périgord Pourpre”. The house sits in the heart of Monbazillac and Pécharmant – the two most famous vineyards among 13 other “AOCs” - just 15 minutes from the city of Bergerac. The old town of Bergerac (15km) has kept its architectural heritage from the 14th, 15th and 16th centuries that can be seen in the half-timbered houses. It is the starting point to discover the vineyards and castles of the region. Fortified towns such as Beaumont, Eymet, Issigeac, Molières and Monpazier, among others, testify to the history of the Périgord, especially the rivalry with England that started in the 12th century.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : 1200 euros to be paid in cash upon arrival. This will be returned within 8 days of departure via bank transfer, subject to property being left as it was found.
- Arrival time : By arrangement.
- Departure time : By arrangement.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price in the summer. €100 per week in the winter.
- Linen & towels included? : All linen and bath towels are included in the rental price.
- Pets welcome? : Pets allowed.
- Changeover day : Any day of the week.
- End of stay cleaning included? : €100.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outdoors.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.