Chateau Rochette at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
<i>As featured on Channel 4’s ‘Escape To The Château’</i>
Chateau Rochette stands majestically, looking down across a valley once lorded over by this 12th-century Baronnie. The château was both witness and party to the Hundred Years War, now a sleeping giant of peace and tranquility.
Château Rochette has been meticulously restored with an eye towards preserving its original features. Modern comforts and amenities have been subtly woven into the fabric allowing the original château to remain at center stage. It is the perfect place for couples, families, and friends to come, relax, adventure and just be.
Château Rochette is central to and minutes away from all the remarkable places and adventures in the Dordogne and the Perigord Noir. Exploring the magnificent landscape and medieval surroundings will transport you to another century. It is minutes away from such places as Castelnaud, Beynac – the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
A wonderful area for exploring off the beaten path where others don't go. - You can find the untouched and original French countryside, farms, and amazing diversity of architecture. - A canoe or kayak voyage down the Dordogne with a sandwich at hand is a day to remember. - Very early mornings watching the mist burn off the hills and valley with a cup of hot coffee. - Speaking or struggling with your French at the local village markets and meeting the lovely people who live here. - Get everywhere before the others. - Take a simple walk in a forest that attracts you along the roadside for just fifteen minutes- you'll be surprised. - Keep bathing suits and a towel in the car at all times. - Find a secluded spot on the Dordogne and slip into the water for just 10 minutes, dry, dress and continue on. The Dordogne is one of the world centers of pre-history and holds Europe’s earliest art treasures. At Les Ezyies, 10 minutes away, you will find the magnificent newly constructed National Museum of Pre-history, the cave paintings at Lascaux, and the site of the remains of the Cro-Magnon Man. Directly below Chateau Rochette is a wonderful vegetable farm that sets up at all the weekly village markets. Walk down the driveway and buy your dinner fresh from these lovely people.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 charged to clients' credit card prior to the arrival.
- Arrival time : Between 4.00 and 9.00 p.m. Please note that the latest check-in time is strictly 9.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Pets welcome? : No
- Smoking Allowed? : No
- Changeover day : Saturday
- Insurance : All guests are strongly recommended to purchase comprehensive travel insurance which includes accident, cancellation, and civil liability insurance.
- Heating costs included? : No, charged at extra cost if required.
- Other Ts and Cs : The owner requires guests to sign an agreement prior to the arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : The party leader must be 25+