Manoir Altheas at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Imagine the sophistication of a modern, airy Parisian apartment, set in a villa in the Dordogne. This is Manoir Altheas, a holiday villa built in 1800 and restored to the height of elegance. Each room embodies style, ease, and the indoor/outdoor life. You’ll admire the lush flower gardens surrounding the villa, and large windows that bring the fresh country air inside.
You’ll dine al fresco on the stone patio, where the classic sandstone and tile of the villa’s exterior feels like a step back in time. After dinner, take a stroll through the garden and orchard to the village of Lanquais - the auberge (restaurant and inn) is a 5 minute walk away. The most important local sight is Chateau de Lanquais, a designated historic monument dating back to the medieval period.
This villa is quite close to the Bergerac airport (it’s only a 15 minute drive). The city of Bergerac is a hub of local wine production, full of fine...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
The nearest airport is Bergerac which is 15 mins drive, served by Flybe and Ryanair from the UK. Bordeaux airport is about 1hr 30 mins drive. The use of a car is recommended to explore the area fully. The port of Calais is approximately 8 hours 30 mins travel by car. The market town of Lalinde (market on Thursday) is 8km away and has some very good food shops and a small supermarket. Bergerac is 18km away. There are 4 good golf courses within easy striking distance. The magnificent Chateau des Vigiers Golf Course is approximately 30 km. This is a 27 hole par 71/72 course, built on 3x9 hole loops. It also has excellent restaurant facilities and club-house. There is a small - but quite challenging - 9 hole par 35 course at Chateau les Merles, which is only 5 minutes by car from the house. Water hazards, bunkers and greens are all well maintained. This also has a very good bar/terrace and restaurant. Golf La Marterie is in a stunning setting, about 40km from the house, at St Felix de Reilhac. This is an 18 hole par 73 course of high standards. A little further is Domaine de Rochebois (57km) which is a 9 hole par 36 course. It has a varied circuit running along the Dordogne Valley with exceptional views. The well tended greens are protected by bunkers and stretches of water.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £500 charged to client's credit card prior to arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10:00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Energy costs included during summer, otherwise €150.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- End of stay cleaning included? : €200, paid locally. If the cottage is booked, a supplement of €50/week applies. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Ten guest prices include the use of the main house and cottage. Eight guest prices include the main house only.
- Other 2 : A supplement applies for the use of the cottage. Please enquire for further details.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Changeover day : Saturday. Other days possible on request.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.