Marvellous Luxury Chateau with 7 Acres of Magnificent Gardens Including a Pool, Sauna and Moat
Chateau De La Porte is an C18th Chateau equipped with C21st pleasures! Designed for entertainment, the chateau is south facing with large windows giving each room a bright, warm and comfortable feel, overlooking the French gardens and pool area.
With 1000m2 of living space, a brand new kitchen, 7 reception rooms, 7 luxurious bedrooms and 3 delightful children’s bedrooms, sleeping up to 14 adults and 3 children, the chateau has been redecorated and furnished with period flair and taste. Chateau De La Porte is surrounded by over 7 acres of manicured private gardens with a heated swimming pool, 7 seater Jacuzzi, sauna, magnificent French gardens with fountains and marble statues, Japanese gardens with pond, a C14th moat, kitchen garden, barbecue and outdoor dining in the conservatory.
The chateau has atmospheric lighting both indoor and outdoor with a surround sound system that augments the romantic atmosphere. Enjoy...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
The nearest airport is Nantes (60km). The nearest train is Chemille or Cholet (10km). The Loire Valley is well known for its impressive fortresses, beautiful palaces (over 5000 of them!) and vast vineyards. The closest include Brissac, Serrant, Angers, Saumur and Villandry. There are many beautiful medieval villages set in vineyards such as Breze/Anjou, Clisson/Muscadet, which are all within 30 mins to 1 hours drive away. Just 15mins away is a quality 18-hole golf club. 1.5hours in the car will take you to the beaches and small picturesque Brittany seaside fishing villages. The chateau itself is located in a small village with restaurant, bakery, post office, tennis court and other services. The Chateau is 15 minutes from main shops and a large shopping mall.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500. This is paid on arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Arrival time : Flexible.
- Departure time : Flexible.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price, excluding heating.
- Linen & towels included? : All linen, bath and pool towels are included in the rental price.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Changeover day : Saturday in peak season. Flexible during all other periods. From 2023, the peak season changeover day will be Monday.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking in the property.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Heating costs included? : Approximately €1000/week, when required.
- Other Ts and Cs : The chateau sleeps a maximum of 12 adults + 3 children.
- Other Ts and Cs : A cot and a high chair are available upon request. Pleae enquire at the time of booking.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, hen/stag parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : A full-time concierge/host is due to be introduced once the Covid situation normalises - please enquire for further details.