Gorgeous Castle with Pool Overlooking Messinian Bay.
The stone tower Magical Sunset stands on the hill of Mikri Mantineia, 10km southeast of Kalamata, in the province of Messenian Mani. It is built in a field full of olive trees, just 10 minutes on foot from the famous pebble beach of Mikri Mantineia that is every year awarded with a blue flag for its clear waters. With its magnificent architectural structure and decoration, along with a beautiful garden full of fruits and vegetables available for you, it is the perfect combination of hospitality and tradition. The tower consists of a living room, a fully equipped kitchen, a dining table and a bathroom all traditionally decorated with rare artwork. An internal stone staircase leads to 3 spacious and bright bedrooms and a second bathroom, all furnished and decorated with attention to detail. The colorful and refreshing garden with its lots of trees, vegetables and flowers, is ideal for relaxation or for reading your favorite book. Feel...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Courtyard: Private Use
Balcony: Mountain View
The residence is in a beautiful quite neighborhood, only 10 minutes walking distance from the blueflagged beach of Mikri mantineia. On the beach, you may find beautiful and popular cafe, bars with refreshing cocktails and magnificent taverns with fresh fish and friendly atmosphere. In less than a mile you have access to supermarket and local businesses so you can purchase anything you might need. There is public transportation available but in case you need any other means of transportation (car, boat, bicycle), you may find everything you need to rent nearby. So, you drive a little on towards west you may swim in the blue waters of Almiros (4.5km), join a festival at beautiful and lively Kalamata city (10km) and enjoy the nightlife till the morning at one of the wonderful bars and nightclubs of Verga gazing the city of Kalamata from above (7km). Magnificent places can be reached also driving to the east, visiting the Messinian part of unique Mani area. In a 30 to 45min drive, you may find the picturesque village of Kardamili (25km), the incredible beaches of "Delfinia" (31km) and "Foneas" (28km), cosmopolitan Stoupa and Kalogria beach (32km), as well as the fishing villages of Agios Nikolaos (34km) and Agios Dimitrios (38km). In particular we may propose: Sightseeing at Mikri mantineia The tower of Kapetanaki, the watermill by the river, temple of Saint Spiridonas (built in 1755), temple of Saint Nicolas (built in 1743) Sightseeing in Kalamata Byzantine Church of Agioi Apostoloi, The Franc castle with the panoramic view of the city, The Benakeio museum of Kalamata, the open railway museum/park and much more. Daily trips Ancient Messene, Nestor’s Palace, Temple of Apollo, Pylos, Koroni, Methoni, Foinikounda, Neda river, Polilimnio, Beaches like Voidokoilia and Kalogria, Mani, caves of Diros and more.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 14 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 14 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 14 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 14 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 14 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 14 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- On select bookings made after May 6th, 2020 with a check-out date on or before June 30, 2021*, guests may cancel up to 10 days before arrival and receive a full refund minus a $75 credit card processing fee. *Exclusion and Blackout dates apply. Stays taking place between December 20, 2020 and January 3, 2021 do not qualify for 10-day cancellation. Some individual homes may not be participating as noted in their individual Property Display Page.
- **THIS HOME IS EXCLUDED FROM THE 10-DAY CANCEL WITH FULL REFUND OPTION**
- Check-in is anytime after 4:00 PM