Villa Sandie at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
If Jane Austen’s characters took a holiday in the south of France, they might select this storied villa in the Dordogne. Generations of family ownership have each left their mark; you could spend days investigating the historic trinkets and artwork on the walls. However, it’s certain you’ll be drawn outside to the grounds, where a 70-hectare walnut grove and a private pool beckons you.
From the moment you see this ivy-covered family villa, you’ll fall in love. The carefully tended grounds, pretty walking paths, and the allure of the surrounding countryside all conspire to give you a taste of refined country life in days gone by. Inside you’ll delight at the antique furniture and decor, especially the hunting lodge style living room.
Located in the commune of Liorac-sur-Louyre, you’ll find picturesque chateaux and town markets all around. However, this holiday villa is not as remote as it feels - it’s a mere 20...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Sandie is set in glorious gardens and grounds, featuring an amazing walnut grove. There are some wonderful walks and hikes that can be taken straight from the villa. Truffle hunting, flying lessons and horse riding nearby can also be arranged. Liorac sur Louyre is a picturesque small village in the canton of Lalinde, boasting medieval chateaux, manor houses and surrounded by a unique natural reserve featuring blocks of sandstone and extremely rich in flora and fauna. The riverside market town of Le Bugue, boasting fascinating narrow streets, traditional houses, several tourist amenities a very popular Tuesday market is a short drive away from Villa Sandie. The medieval town of Lalinde (15 km), with its little lake ideal for picnics and lively Thursday market is also worth a visit. The city of Bergerac, with its international airport is conveniently located at 15 km. A visit to the old town standing out for its medieval architecture, narrow streets full of local boutiques and good restaurant, is highly recommended. Here, you will also find the unmissable Maisons de Vins and will have the opportunity to take a tour along the Route de Vins de Bergerac. Wine has been produced in the region for well over 400 years. Wine enthusiasts will find similar grapes to those found in the Bordeaux region including Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Malbec reds; Sauvignon Blanc, Muscadet whites. The Dordogne is the supplier of almost half of France’s fine produce including truffles, cepes and foie gras, which are available at the Metairie adjoining the estate. Finally, Sarlat (60 km) bustling narrow pebbled streets, a number of ancient buildings, beautiful gardens and lively markets on Wednesdays and Saturdays is a must visit for all. The whole region is a true haven for nature and sport lovers alike offering a wide array of outdoor activities, from horse-back riding, to tennis, mountain-biking, golfing and watersports, not to mention the number of hiking and fishing opportunities. Local Activities and Amenities - Watersports : Aqua Parc Junior Land, Rte. de Bordeaux, Bergerac (18k's approx). 4 swimming pools, toboggans, mini-golf etc. with access onto the River Dordogne for canoe hire. Tel : 055 358 3300 Pro Glisse, Fougeyrolles, jet ski, quad, blades, paintball etc. Tel : 055 374 6033 Parc de Loisirs, Neufont, St. Amand (15k's approx). 11 hectares of woodland, 4 hectares of lake, free parking in the shade, cafe, safe swimming, beaches. Tel : 055 354 9390 Moulin de la Guillou, Lalinde (16k's) Canoe/kayak . Tel : 055 361 0291 - Beach: Neufont, St. Amand de Vergt - Fishing: Lake Fishing and on the River Dordogne - VTT/bicycle hire: The Mountain Bike Hire Co., Bergerac. Tel : Malcolm +33553 630 891. Bikes are delivered with security hats, locks and puncture equipment. It is best to reserve in advance. - Horse riding: Club Hippique de Bergerac, Creysse. (10k's) Tel : 055 357 7716 - Local produce market: Bergerac - Wednesday and Saturdays Sigoules - Friday Vergt - Friday Issigeac - Sunday - Pharmacy: Mouleydier - Doctor: Mouleydier - Bank: Mouleydier - Cash machine: Mouleydier - Tourist information: Creysse, Tel : 055 323 2045. Bergerac, Tel : 055 357 0311 - Tourist attractions : Museum/Aquarium of the Dordogne River, Creysse (10k's), many species of fish, also boat trips on Gabarre. Tel : Parachutism : Centre Ecole Regional, Bergerac. Tel : 055 357 1524 Gabarre de Bergerac, visit the town and the region by sailing gently down the River Dordogne. Tel : 055 324 5880 Route des Vins de Bergerac, for more information Tel : 055 363 5755 - Night life: 'Le Roxane', Rte. d'Agen, Bergerac. Tel : 055 373 8387
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 charged to clients' credit card prior to arrival.
- Arrival time : Between 16.00 and 18.00 (If you are unable to do so please contact owner to advise estimated time of arrival).
- Departure time : Before 10.00 a.m.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes (linen changed weekly).
- Pets welcome? : on request.
- Insurance : Adequate travel insurance is required.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes
- Smoking Allowed? : Outdoors only.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open from June to October.