Villa Manlio at Sicilia
This charming villa is set high into the side of a green valley, which overlooks a picturesque Sicilian landscape. Views of sunlit mountains, rolling hills adorned with dry stone walls and olive groves stretch out to the Tyrrhenian Sea beyond. It is a secluded and truly enchanting setting for a relaxing trip away.
The interior has been lovingly decorated with paintings and ornaments reflective of the sea faring culture which exists in the small neighbouring village of Scopello. The living area is bright, looking out onto the sun terrace and the rural delights beyond. Bare wooden ceiling beams give the place a rustic allure, fitting for the setting. There is one double and one twin bedroom, each prettily furnished.
Outside, attractive stone walls and an elegant stone patio further the rural atmosphere of the property. A pergola which offers shade to a dining table adds a certain refinement to the grounds, which continues with...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
West of Palermo, just after Castellammare del Golfo, the coastline becomes rugged and spectacular. Part of this coastline is Lo Zingaro Nature Reserve, which stretches for 7km between the lovely village of Scopello in the east to near San Vito Lo Capo in the west. Created in 1981, this park and its surrounding areas are one of the most beautiful parts of western Sicily. Lo Zingaro has been shaped by nature to dramatic effect. Cliffs drop precipitously into the azure sea and the series of pebbly beaches hidden amongst a myriad of coves are as lovely as you can find in the Mediterranean. The park attracts both walkers and bathers alike and in the summer, when many beaches are overcrowded, it is a good idea to head for Lo Zingaro, walk for half an hour and find relative isolation on a virtually deserted beach. At the edge of the Zingaro Nature reserve lies the ancient Scopello (from the Greek word "Skopelos" that means "cliff”), a small, pleasant village that was built around a 16th-century “baglio”, on the site of a former Moorish hamlet. As you will discover, this nice courtyard is now the heart of the village. Here, ceramics and souvenirs shops, as well as boutiques, cafés and restaurants lie under the shadow of a large eucalyptus. On the road to Trapani one can spot the idyllically situated Greek temple of Segesta, one of the Mediterranean’s finest archaeological sites. Castellammare del Golfo is an attractive seaside town between Palermo and Trapani. The historic fishing port has a picturesque location, below steep mountain slopes; with a handsome curved harbour at the foot of a small headland topped with a castle. There are still small working fishing boats, and you may see fishermen mending their nets on board, or selling the day's catch. Castellammare has a pretty little central park, opposite the elegant town hall on Corso Mattarella. The park has a small children's play area, shady trees, and benches with views over the harbour.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €300 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m. - 7.30 p.m. Early departure, if agreed, will be charged €20 after 8.00 p.m. and €50 after midnight (paid locally).
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, plus mid-week change of linen.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, plus mid-week cleaning. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Heating costs included? : Extra cost, paid locally on consumption.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights approximately July and August. 3 nights during all other periods.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately beginning of March to mid-November. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming. Opening out of season is subject to a €100 fee, on request (payable locally).
- Other Ts and Cs : Extra bed €100 per week, cot and high chair €30 per week, payable locally.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is featured in some rooms only.