Chateau De Garmeaux at Hauts-de-France
Just south of the river Oise sits the village of Ognon, where the pastoral charm of this Picardy chateau will win your heart. Work and play are equally at home in this serene, country-style home just 45 minutes outside of Paris.
Up to 12 guests can stay in the chateau and appreciate the modern comforts, like the recently re-done en suite bathrooms and updated kitchen. Outside, there is a pretty stone terrace with tables, where you can dine al-fresco beside the neatly kept garden. Children will have plenty of playtime in the large garden, or on the trampoline and swing-set. Larger groups can also rent the separate annexe located next to the pool, which sleeps an additional 5 guests.
The location of this chateau leaves nothing to be desired; all within an hour’s drive you’ll find the historical commune of Senlis (6 km), the castles and Musée Condé at Chantilly (17 km), Paris (60 km), and the Palace of Versailles (75...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Located 20 minutes from Roissy and 50 minutes from Paris, 6 km from Senlis. An ideal spot from which to visit the beauties of the area, with the old town of Senlis, the castles of Chantilly, Pierrefonds Ecouen and Abbeys of Chaalis and Royaumont. For children, Asterix and Disneyland Park are reachable in half an hour. You can make a return trip to Paris in the day, to see the latest exhibitions, galleries, or do a spot of shopping. The area is a golfer's paradise: Raray, Chantilly, Mortefontaine, whilst polo players and riders will be ideally suited as well with the nearby Stables Balagny, of Chantilly and Fleurines. Many pleasant walks can be taken in the close by forests of Halatte, Compiègne, Ermenonville, Chantilly with Rousseau's Parc at Ermenonville. For lovers of good food, do not miss the star restaurant in Chantilly and "Les trois canards" in Ognon. If you want to go shopping, Chamant (3 km from Ognon) has fresh fruit and vegetables, fresh bread, meat, fish, cheese and wine and you can buy your newspapers. You can also go to Senlis to the supermarket, Bio shop and small traditional French traders with specialties of the region. The owner can indicate where to find super fresh eggs and poultry, and where to find the best chef, if you need one! Saint-Maximin is a big center for all kind of shops and fast food: Decathlon, Fnac,Truffaut, H&M, pharmacy, Volkswagen, etc. To get to Ognon, your best flying to Roissy and renting a car. Or drive your car on the highway that goes from Lille to Paris, come out at Senlis, take the direction of Compiègne, turn right, cross Chamant and take Ognon's direction. You can also take the train any time of the day from Paris to Chantilly or Creil or Pont-Sainte-Maxence (half an hour), and then come by taxi (15 mn).
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €2000 charged to client’s credit card before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 6.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that only the 17 person prices include the rental of the annexe.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).