Chateau De La Soie at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Enjoy privacy and seclusion at Château de la Soie, a castle in Aquitaine built before the 16th century and lovingly restored. The pristine grounds feature French and Japanese gardens in a 1.7 acre park surrounded by high walls. Take a dip in the expansive asymmetrical swimming pool and dine al fresco in the shade of umbrellas. An annex offers you an additional bedroom and an impressive wine cellar.
This magnificent château boasts 8 bedrooms, each with a unique character. The first two floors are styled in the French way with marble floors, stunning wallpaper and antique furniture, and the top floor feels like a cosy Norwegian cabin with wood panelling and low-beamed ceilings. You also have available to you a bar, a meeting room with projector and printer, a TV room and a gorgeous formal dining room. Just across the gardens is a delightful annex featuring an extra bedroom and a wine cellar and tasting area.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
In the Gironde department, near the border or Lot et Garonne, Château de la Soie is in a delightful part of south-west France, only an hour from Bordeaux. There is a canal flowing near the château which has a boat harbour (1km) with a beach and playground and foot paths perfect for a leisurely walk, run or cycle path. La Réole (4km) is just a five-minute drive away where you will find restaurants (including a Michelin starred establishment) and supermarkets. It’s a historic town featuring narrow and hilly cobbled streets filled with charming shops in the old quarter, interesting architecture and medieval houses. The 12th century former townhall, which was built for Richard the Lionheart and was the oldest townhall in France, is one of the many fascinating historical buildings you can see as you wander through the town. Don’t miss a visit to the former Benedictine Monastery, parts of which are now open to the public. The Garonne River flows through the town and you have lovely views from the suspension bridge, designed by Gustav Eiffel. In July and August there is a night-time Farmer’s Market which you may be fortunate enough to experience. Further afield Duras (30km) to the north features an impressive 12th century castle and a Maison des Vins to celebrate its regions wines. You can also head up to the beautiful city of Bergerac (65km) or idyllic Saint-Émilion (50km) for more inspired wine-tasting from around the Dordogne. For a change of scene you can also head west for a day trip to the coast to sample some local oysters at Cap Ferret (135km) or Arcachon (120km). Not forgetting the fabulous city of Bordeaux (70km or under an hour by train) with its fantastic shops, the riverside Cité-du-Vin and amazing restaurants.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €2,000 paid to the owner by bank transfer one month before arrival and refunded approx two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : After 12.00 p.m.
- Departure time : Before 12.00 p.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Changeover day : Any day of the week.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Due to the antique furnishings, bookings with young children are usually on request only. Please enquire with us at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : A/C is only available in the kitchen, the main hallway and the annex building.