Ross-shire Hall at Scotland
Ross-shire Hall is a luxury holiday home nestled in the Scottish highlands and provides luxury en-suite accommodation for up to 14 guests. The property offers guests the flexible choice of self-catering with the luxury of a daily housekeeper, as well as a part or fully catered stay for guests who wish to enjoy hassle-free evenings or special occasion cooking.
The house dates back to the 1700s, retaining many original features, and it is unique in providing many of the luxuries of a hotel with the relaxed informal atmosphere of a holiday home. It is decorated in a classic style complimented by both modern and antique furnishings. Ross-shire Hall makes a fabulously unique venue for any holiday or special occasion.
We are thrilled to advise that the owner is an amazing chef, and is very happy to prepare a catering service at Ross-shire Hall, all you have to do is request this in advance, please ask our concierge for more...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Barbeque Grill: Charcoal
Ross-shire Hall is situated only 30 minutes north of Inverness, just outside the small village of Evanton, Ross-shire. The house is nestled among woodlands and peaceful farmland within easy reach of Inverness-shire, Sutherland, Ross-shire and the Black Isle. For salmon and trout Fishing or guided fly fishing excursions, the owners recommend local fishing professionals TroutQuest. Enjoy guided excursions to fish for salmon on the River Alness or brown trout on one of the many beautiful lochs in the area. TroutQuest has access to prime salmon and sea trout fishing on the private beats of the River Alness and can offer house guests weekly or day permits subject to availability. For guests who are not familiar with fishing, fly fishing instruction is available on a private stocked lochan on the nearby Novar Estate. The owners can also arrange for private beats on the River Alness, where TroutQuest will be delighted to teach any group. Many of the top golf courses in the north of Scotland are within a forty mile radius of the house. Go north and admire the stunning views of Brora, Golspie and Tain all of which are pay and play courses. Guests can also play the highest regarded course in the area, Royal Dornoch, with stunning views over the Dornoch Firth. It was recently rated in the top fifteen courses in the world. Head south towards Inverness and choose from Fortrose & Rosemarkie, Nairn, the Walker Cup venue in 1999, and Nairn Dunbar, a highly rated championship links course. These options offer some of the best golfing land in the area. Take a boat trip out in the Moray Firth and go dolphin watching and see some wildlife up close, including seals and red kites. There is also a sunset boat trip with wine and BBQ for a party available. Guests can also walk out to Chanantry Point to spot bottlenose dolphins at the turn of the tide. Whether a day of grouse, pheasant or clay-pigeon shooting, or a full week of stalking on some of the Highlands best estates, the owners can arrange hunting trips for guests with qualified professionals. Explore the local area to its fullest and enjoy the great outdoors by taking either a short local walk or a guided walk, where guests will be joined by a professional who can show them some hidden treasures and tell them more about the area which surrounding. The house staff can also meet guests with a picnic lunch halfway to give them a chance to re-charge. Mountain biking is a great way to enjoy the outdoors, and there are some fantastic places to cycle just on the doorstep. Guests looking for a quieter cycle in some beautiful scenery or a more demanding and muddy off-road experience can borrow bikes from the house or have specialist instructors point them in the right direction. Inverness is easily accessible by rail, as are the nearest towns: Alness and Dingwall. There are also overnight train services on the Caledonian Sleeper direct from London Euston to Inverness.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £500 and £1000 for parties or weddings.
- Arrival time : 4 pm earlier if we can.
- Departure time : 10 am later if we can.
- Energy costs included? : Included.
- Linen & towels included? : Provided, along with dressing gowns and toiletries.
- Pets welcome? : No pets allowed.
- Changeover day : Any day of the week.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.