Chateau Glycines at Occitanie
First you see the lawns and the giant cedars of Lebanon, then the Pyrenean peaks on the southern horizon, and then the château, restful on its plâteau, simple, elegant, perfect, with 18th-century proportions. Welcome to another world: one of art, beauty, serenity, fine museum pieces and a dash of humour.
The housekeeper is a treasure and can cater for you – though the kitchen, big, charming, classical, but modern, is an absolute pleasure to cook in. Salon, library, dining room and the grandest of bedrooms glow with French and English antiques and the entire house is a work of art – there are beautiful parquet floors and magnificent plaster ceilings, a grand staircase and oriental designer stencilling.
The rooms in the attic are more child-friendly, and if children want to play on wet days, there’s a barn full of games and yoga mats for grown ups. As for the gardens: imagine 200 old roses and scattered magnolias, scalloped...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
The property is situated on a hilltop at the foot of the Pyrenees in open countryside mid-way (10 min) between the towns of Saint-Gaudens and Aspet in an area of outstanding natural beauty and on the official Tour De France route. All amenities are just a 10 mins' drive away, including boulangeries, butchers, newsagents, cafes, restaurants, supermarkets, weekly food markets and a train station. Being locate in the deep countryside by the Pyrenees, local restaurants are are simple and rustic. For fine dininghead to Castet (25/30 mins drive), St Lizier (35/40 mins drive), Bossost in Spain (45 mins drive) or Toulouse (around an hour's drive). International airports: Toulouse (50 min), Lourdes (40 min), Pau (75 min), Carcassonne & Biarritz (around 90 min). Many sights are nearby, including: Aspet (10 min), a charming village with its twice weekly farmers' market, its traditional cafes and restaurants, perfect for a lazy morning coffee watching the world go by; Saint Bertrand de Comminges (20 min), officially one of the most beautiful villages in France and one of the stops of the Camino de Santiago De Compostela, a UNESCO World Heritage Site; Aurignac (25 min), a stunning hilltop Medieval town with its charming cafes; Toulouse (50 min), the Ville Rose, a bustling, pretty university city with a great history, beautiful monuments and wonderful shopping and food; Bossost, Spain (40 min), a charming mountain village on the Spanish side of the Pyrenees with Michelin quality food and great shopping. Auch (90 min), the heart of the Gers and a beautiful town to visit; Biarritz (90 min), a wonderful city on the Atlantic, great for surfing, eating out, sunbathing and shopping. A perfect day trip. Carcassonne (90 min), a Mediaval city with an incredible history and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Activities nearby: cycling (Tour de France route), hiking, mountain climbing, skiing, white water rafting, speleology, horse riding, paragliding, golf etc. DISTANCES Toulouse Airport - 50 minutes Lourdes Airport - 40 minutes Pau Airport - 1hr 10 minutes Biarritz Airport - 1hr 45minutes Carcassonne Airport - 1hr 30 minutes Nearest supermarket 10 mins Nearest Farmers’ Market 8 mins There are 3 daily British Airways & Easyjet flights from London Gatwick and Heathrow to Toulouse, as well as further direct flights to Toulouse from many UK and European Airports. Air France offers daily flights (via Paris) to Toulouse and Pau. Ryanair offers flights from London Stansted to Lourdes 2 to 3 times a week, Carcassonne & Biarritz. There’s also a high speed TGV train service from Paris and Bordeaux to Toulouse. From Toulouse there is a train service to the local station (St Gaudens), 10 min away.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £1,000 (or €1,200) paid by cheque or bank transfer prior to arrival
- Arrival time : After 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : Before 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Reasonable energy costs included.
- Heating costs included? : Extra £100 per day, payable locally.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : Smoking & Fires not allowed.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Pool heating charge? : The pool is heated free of charge from late May to 1st October for 12hrs per day. Additional heating can be provided for an extra cost.
- Other Ts and Cs : Customers are required to sign an agreement with the owner. The form will be provided after the booking is confirmed and must be signed and returned prior to arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Telephone charges to UK mobile phones not included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Extra guests from those listed on the booking not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, Stag/Hen parties and other celebrations are not allowed.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights
- Changeover day : Saturday in high and peak seasons, flexible otherwise.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open from May to October, dates may vary depending on the weather.
- Other Ts and Cs : The cottage is available for rent from mid June to end of September.
- Other Ts and Cs : A further single bed can be arranged on request in the top floor rooms for those who do not wish to share a bed.