Amazing Art Deco Mansion on Cliff Overlooking Sandown Bay in Isle of Wight
One of the Isle of Wight’s most exceptional properties, Culver Down Manor is an elegant art-deco mansion overlooking Sandown Bay from a prime clifftop setting. Built in the 1920’s, this building maintains glorious original features, including huge shimmering garden water features, statues and stain glass windows that frame the striking coastal vistas reaching out to Culver Cliff.
As you step into the reception area you are instantly transported back in time, from the piano and ornamental period lampshades to the wooden panelling and even the old boot cleaner. The large entrance hall with grand staircase and beautiful stained glass windows is sure to impress guests upon entering the property. The living space offers an abundance of floor space, the magnificent 22 seater dining table and the grand lounge area are the perfect spaces for the whole group to gather and discuss the highlights of the day.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Culver Down Manor is located about a mile from the town of Shanklin, where the Isle of Wight railway terminates. We have ample parking for 6 cars, but you can also come on foot, catching the train from Waterloo, London to Portsmouth Harbour, getting the Cat over and then the Island Train (a 1930's Central Line tube train...honestly!). Get an inclusive ticket! The Isle of Wight is like going back to 1950's England, the pace is slower, and the pubs are wonderful. We have provided a large secure outhouse for devoted cyclists, although you can hire a bike locally very easily. There is a golf club about 5 miles away, but you might get distracted by the pubs on the way back. From the house, there are wonderful cliff top walks (or runs), and you are right above the Blue Flag beach (actually it is a lot of steps to get down, perfect for walking off the dinner). There are lots of cycle routes across the island. Of course there are many local attractions, but bring a book, sit in the sunroom and enjoy the 3/4 acre gardens and spectacular views over the bay. The whole of the Isle of Wight awaits you.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Wheelchair access
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £750 payable prior to arriving at the property and to be refunded in full within 7 days of departure so long as there are no damages or excessive cleaning required.
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am. Late check-out will result in a deduction of £100 per hour from the damage deposit.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in the rental price. Please bring your own beach towels.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, included in the rental price. Please leave the home in the tidy condition you found it or the cost of additional cleaning will be deducted from your damage deposit.
- Internet access? : Yes, Wi-Fi is included in the rental price
- Pets welcome? : No pets allowed at the property under any circumstances
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Changeover day : Any day except Sunday
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 3-night minimum stay, this may be increased to 7-nights across peak periods
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that external caterers are NOT permitted without prior written consent and a surcharge may be levied for this. The property owners can assist in finding an approved caterer for your stay.
- Other 2 : No stag or hen do's permitted. The home is situated in a residential area and so please be respectful and limit outdoor noise in the evenings.