Maison Du Vins at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Maison du Vins used to be a wine making chateau (hence the name!) until the early 1900’s and now has been transformed into a luxury rustic French country house with all the mod cons. It sits in 3 acres of mature parkland/garden with a large heated pool.
The property is very close to Pichon, which is a small wine making hamlet and only a 10 minutes’ drive from St. Emilion and Pomerol.
Maison du Vins is kitted out to the highest standard with a fully fitted kitchen with all the amenities, there is a terrace for those warmer evenings or the farmhouse’ kitchen table is perfect for big family meals.
There are 6 king size bedrooms with 4 en suite bathroom/shower rooms and one large family bathroom with a stand alone bath and walk in shower.
3 bedrooms & 3 bathrooms:
Master suite with en-suite (with a door onto main corridor so can be used as family bathroom) -...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Maison du Vins provides a great base to explore the famous vineyards and Chateaux of Bordeaux - St Emilion is a 10 minute drive away and Bordeaux itself is around 45 minutes away. The coast and famous dunes of Aquitaine are just 1.5 - 2 hours away. The property is close to great restaurants and bars plus a variety of activities including two 18 hole golf courses and boats on the lakes making those family days out even more adventurous. There are also lots of local markets- there's a food market for every day of the week, now that's impressive! It is also a short drive to some big hypermarkets, plus the local village Lussac has a number of shops for food, chemist, garage and even flowers. <b>Wine</b> Maison Du Vins is perfectly placed for planning some adventures in wine - exploring, tasting and perhaps stocking up in one of the world's most famous wine producing regions of Bordeaux. As an area it is constantly evolving, and as Andrew Jefford the wine writer wrote, "it is now a region of experiment, ambition and grand stylistic diversity". And Maison Du Vin sits bang slap in the middle of the action. So a leisurely 10 minutes drive to the picturesque town St Emilion and the magnificent Grand Cru Chateaux of the Right Bank. Angelus, Ausone, Petrus among the greats to name check and book tours (but you may have to sell the family silver to buy in any quantity!). However there are so many other Chateaux to discover, many are more reasonably priced. Knock on the door of our local neighbour just outside Lussac called Chateaux Lucas to buy great wine direct from the grower. In recent years some Chateaux have made it impossible not to visit, with their own restaurants serving great food alongside their wines within their grounds. Visit Trolong Mondot and La Dominque. Both on the edge of St Emilion. They are surprisingly well priced, good food, stunning locations, but still a little undiscovered. So go, but keep it a secret between us. And whilst on the subject of furtive forays, explore the wines of Castillon. Described as Cotes de Bordeaux, but don't be fooled as the area hides many sparkling gems. There's a great bar restaurant at St Gene de Castillon owned by a well known Brit called Laithwaite which offers a wise and well edited selection to sample with lunch or take away. Mrs Laithwaite makes a superb and affordable champagne by the way. And finally, there's the Left Bank wines of Bordeaux to discover. A little further away, about 45 minutes drive, and a whole new chapter. Where to start? Best to rebook another holiday at the house and we'll supply the second instalment...
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £500 charged to clients' credit card prior to arrival.
- Arrival time : After 5 pm. Arrival out of hours can incur in an additional charge.
- Departure time : By 10 am. Departure out of hours can incur in an additional charge.
- Energy costs included? : Yes
- Heating costs included? : During winter months only. Please enquire.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. Please leave the property as you found it, clean and in order, otherwise the owner can charge a fee of €300.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Pets welcome? : No
- Smoking Allowed? : No
- Pool heating charge? : The pool is heated free of charge in summer only.
- Changeover day : Saturday in high season. Flexible during the other periods.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. Short breaks on request only.
- Other Ts and Cs : The owner requires an agreement to be signed prior to the arrival