unique six bedroom historic National Monuments house
Loch Lomond Manor is a unique historic National Monuments house constructed between 1901 and 1902. It was built by a husband and wife team, Alexander and Maggie who were part of the Glasgow boys and Glasgow girls’ group of painters, needle women, architects and artisans. As a result, the house was often filled with artists, their influence is still visible today through the many individual feature artworks and tapestries which adorn the walls of the manor house.
The house is perfect for families wanting a luxurious yet distinguished base while visiting the vast and varied delights of the local area, play some golf, walk the banks of Loch Lomond or make some day trips to the Highlands and beyond. Loch Lomond Manor is located in a truly privileged position, located in the upper part of Helensburgh with beautiful views over the Clyde and beyond to Argyll. Situated at the start of the highland train line it’s possible to take...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Loch Lomond Manor sits in the upper part of Helensburgh with beautiful views over the Clyde and beyond to Argyll. It is a short 3 minute drive to Loch Lomond and looks out on the Clyde Estuary. Situated at the start of the highland train line it's possible to take day trips to Oban and Fort William or if you fancy, day trips to Glasgow or Edinburgh by train. It is no more than 5 minutes over the hill to all of Loch Lomond. A ten minute drive to the village of Luss and 10 minutes to Cameron House for fine dining at Martin Wishart's newest restaurant. In the town of Helensburgh there is easy access to sailing, tennis, hill walking, riding and golf. Over the hill are some of the finest golf courses in Scotland- the world-renowned Loch Lomond course and the Carrick. The scenery around this part of Scotland is breathtaking and it is just over an hour form Inveraray. At the top of Loch Fyne is the original Loch Fyne Oyster bar which makes it the perfect place to have lunch after a walk. There are very good restaurants nearby - Riverhill Coutryard, PJ's kitchen, The Wee Kelpie, La Barca and The Akash to name a few. Nearby there is also a fish monger, green grocer and cheese and deli shops. There are numerous wine and whisky shops and many tea rooms, the award-winning Craigard serves only home-baking. There is also quad biking available, fishing, golf and sea plane picnics to the small islands of Islay and Jura and beyond. For keen hill-walkers, Ben Lomond is a short car journey away. There are literally hundreds of walks within this area, along with the Highland Way and the John Muir Way. All information is provided within the house.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £500 (this will be £1000 on stays of more than 7 nights) Credit card authorisation required, it is refunded in full subject to a damage inspection on departure.
- Arrival time : After 4 PM
- Departure time : Before 11 AM
- Energy costs included? : Yes
- Heating costs included? : Yes
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes
- Linen & towels included? : Yes
- Pets welcome? : No
- Smoking Allowed? : No
- Changeover day :