Villa Francis at Umbria
Leave your worries behind at Villa Francis, a 12th century villa in Umbria near the Tuscany border, which sits amid sunflower fields and wooded hills with the feeling of being untouched by the passage of time. The grounds include beautiful gardens, a 13x5m pool with hillside views, a hot tub and a splendid courtyard perfect for relaxing in the sun. Umbria’s ruggedly beautiful landscapes and wines will amaze you.
This former monastery consists of 7 self-catered apartments containing 8 bedrooms for 17 guests. Each apartment has its own entrance and an en-suite modern bathroom, and many have original elements like stone walls, brick floors and wooden beams.
Umbria is near it all; from your location northwest of the village of San Giovanni del Pantano, medieval hill towns like Assisi, Perugia and Gubbio are within 40 km, and the art and culture of Arezzo, Siena and Florence are just 45-90 minute drives. Schedule a wine tour...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
For Art & Culture Lovers the medieval hill towns of Assisi, Perugia, and Gubbio, as well as Cortona are only 40 km away; Arezzo, Siena and Florence are just a 45 – 90 minute drive away. For Wine Lovers- The famous Gritti Family Vineyard offers a very popular vineyard tour, dinner and wine tasting in the Niccone Valley. The world renowned wine trails of Montefalco in Torgiano where you can visit the Lungarotti Wine Cellars; and the prestigious Brunello wineries of Montalcino in Tuscany are only a 1 hour drive from Villa Francis. The beautiful Montepulciano and his famaous "Vino Nobile" is just a 40 minute drive. For Music Lovers – The Spoleto Classical Music Festival of the Due Mondi and the Umbria Jazz Festivals is in July and the Preggio Chamber Music Festival is in August. There is also an 18 hole golf course at Antognolla Golf Club.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €800 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 3 pm to 6 pm.
- Departure time : 8:30 am to 10 am.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Extra cost, payable locally.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pool heating charge? : No
- Changeover day : Saturday in July, August and during Christmas. Flexible during all other periods.
- Security deposit : €150
- Arrival time : Between 3 Pm - 6 Pm
- Departure time : Between 8:30 Am - 10 Am
- Energy costs included? : Yes
- Heating costs included? : Yes
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes
- Linen & towels included? : Yes
- Pets welcome? : Yes
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside yes
- Pool heating charge? : No
- Changeover day : any day of the week/Saturday
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and any other special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges. Please note stag/hen parties are not allowed.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights in July, August and during Christmas. 3 nights during all other periods.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.
- Pool towels included? : Extra €5, payable locally. Available on request.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately beginning of May to end-September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.