Chateau De Culas
Built in the 12th century by the Knights Templar as a fortress protecting the land against pillaging Saracens, this château in the French Riviera is now a stunning holiday retreat with a dramatic backdrop within the French Alps.
Hosting up to 18 guests across the six-bedroom home, this château is ideal for friends or families travelling together. The château has been uniquely renovated to include all the comforts of home, not to mention superbly designed bathrooms with craftsman-style features, well-appointed kitchens, elegant sitting rooms and charming outdoor lounge and dining spaces.
Set on 11 private acres, guests will enjoy relaxing dips in the heated private pool, plus hiking trails straight from the château with views that will never be forgotten.
The château’s hilltop location provides ultimate peace and tranquillity, with no neighbours in sight. However, when in need of a bit of culture, the village of...
At a glance
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
The château is situated just over 2km from the village of Saint André les Alpes where you will find three bakeries, cafes, a supermarket, ATM and petrol station. There are also great restaurants in the village and locally. There is also a small local market on a Wednesday and Saturday afternoon. There is fishing on the private lake less than 300m away, accessed via a small track, or alternatively head 3km by road to the public beach on the other side. Watersports that are available on the lake in the summer include canoes, pedalos, windsurfing, catamarans and stand-up paddle boards. There is also lovely swimming and canoeing opportunities in the river Verdon that flows into the lake. There is horse riding, pony trekking and golf nearby the château. You will also be able to find quad-biking, white-water rafting and canyoning in the area, cycling plus some wonderful trekking opportunities, with some routes straight from the château. Castellane (23km) is an especially great town for those seeking exciting activities, about half an hour away by car. There are also some great flying schools and it's great fun watching the tandem-paragliding nearby if you don't wish to take part! The incredible and famous Verdon Gorge (53km) is just over an hour away, ideal for hikers but can also be enjoyed from your car. There are many beautiful villages in the region for you to discover where you can soak up the Provencal charm and admire their rich history. These include Colmars (32km), Annot (27km), Entrevaux (38km), Moustiers St Marie (70km) and a little further, but worth it, is Sisteron (74km), a delightful village of flowers. Other highlights include the spa towns of Digne (45km) and Gréoux-les-Bains (80km) or head south to the stunning town of Grasse (86km) with its fascinating perfume heritage and marvellous landscapes. Nice, Cannes, Monaco and the French Riviera coast are all within just over 100km of the château for a brilliant day-out.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : 400€. The security deposit is paid on arr
- Arrival time : 4 pm onwards.
- Departure time : 10 am.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price. There may be a charge for the low seasons.
- Linen & towels included? : All linen and towels are included in the rental price.
- Pets welcome? : Pets are allowed.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking in the property.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid via bank transfer to the owner before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outdoors only.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, although please note that there may be some additional costs during the low season.
- Heating costs included? : Yes, although please note that there may be some additional costs during the low season.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Pets welcome? : Yes.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open from mid-May to mid-September (cooler months may not be suitable for swimming).
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 3 nights (July and August is 7 nights).