Exceptional Elegant Country Manor in Heart of Cotswold
Wilfred Manor is an expansive Grade I listed manor house, exceptionally restored to the finest standard of modern luxury, yet staying true to its long and prestigious history. King Charles I is in fact said to haunt the four acres of landscaped gardens, after he took refuge within the manor during the siege of Gloucester in 1643.
Each of the bedrooms have been given a unique theme that compliments the original 17th century architecture whilst offering spacious en-suits, exquisite furnishings. Each room offers a different perspective on the stunning landscape of the Cotswold Hills, including the woods above Slad Valley and the famous church spire of Painswick.
A sought after wedding venue, the manor house can sleep up to 22 guests with access to extensive facilities including a jacuzzi and sauna, whilst catered for by a team of passionate staff. The local area remains tranquil and picturesque, yet offers a wealth...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Bartender: Available for additional fee
Chef Services: Available for additional fee
Wilfred Manor is located in Painswick, Gloucestershire, right in the heart of The Cotswolds. Based at the top of Slad Valley, this historic house offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside. The house is a Grade 1 listed building steeped in history, with famous guests including King Charles 1; each room tells a tale of its own. Painswick is a historic wool town, also known as ‘The Queen of the Cotswolds’; it is one of the finest and best-preserved Cotswolds settlements, nestling quietly in the hills and surrounded by some of Gloucestershire’s most delightful countryside. It also now hosts the famous Art Couture Festival annually. Built of mellow Cotswold stone from the local quarry on Painswick Beacon, the town’s many beautiful buildings can be seen as you wander around its quaint and narrow streets. The world famous Rococo Gardens and the picturesque villages of Sheepscombe, Edge and Slad are all within a mile or so of the House, and this fascinating and beautiful area offers marvelous walking country for those wishing to discover the Cotswolds on a more personal level. Other attractions include Cheltenham Racecourse offering 16 days racing each year, the beautiful Spa town of Cheltenham, and Gloucester Cathedral, as well as ample places for shooting and horse riding.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £2000 - This is paid directly to the owner prior to arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to the damage inspection.
- Arrival time : 4 PM
- Departure time : 10:30 AM
- Energy costs included? : Yes
- Heating costs included? : Yes
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes
- Linen & towels included? : Yes
- Pets welcome? : No
- Smoking Allowed? : No
- Changeover day : Any day of the week