Pape Touna at Toscana
Pape Touna is an 11th century Cistercian monastery, respectfully restored into six luxury apartments in a traditional Tuscan style. The rustic finish incorporates exposed brick work and wooden beams to create a sense of history which is inescapably affective as you embrace the landscape of the Val di Merse from the same hilltop as the monks did 1000 years ago.
Within this charming restoration each apartment offers a cosy living room complete with a fireplace, a fully equipped kitchenette and a bathroom with shower facilities. All rooms intentionally have no TV or air conditioning to maintain the traditional theme, but the thick walls maintain a pleasantly cool temperature all year round. Outside there is a beautiful stone courtyard with BBQ facilities, and a large private swimming pool offering stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
Whether guests are lazing by the pool, tucked away in the cosy apartments or...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
The location of this property makes it ideal for cultural excursions, sitting about an hours drive from the medieval city of Siena, home to one of the biggest piazzas in Italy and host of the famous biannual Il Palio horse race. Equally accessible is the regional capital Florence, the architecturally and historically significant commune of Monteriggioni, and the fascinating ancient walled town of San Gimignano. The journey to any one of these destinations is eased by the breath taking scenery that is a constant throughout Tuscany. Closer still are the golden beaches of Tuscany's Parco Naturale della Maremma; a protected rural landscape along an unspoilt section of Italian coastline. Pape Touna is also perfectly located for wedding parties thanks to the immediate proximity of the San Galgano Abbey, an enchanting gothic ruin and a perfect venue for the ceremony.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Extra €100 per day, paid locally in cash.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €350, paid locally in cash. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Minimum stay : 3 nights during high season, 2 nights during all other periods.
- Security deposit :
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included in common areas only.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and any other special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.