Villa Rapolano at Toscana
Villa Rapolano overlooks a wide sea of clay that spreads out over the countryside of Montepulciano, as one soft hill follows another in this stunning medieval town, in Tuscany. Forest spaces and endless stretches of wheat fields change their colours with the succession of the seasons, making this an all year-round spectacle.
This isolated holiday home sleeps up to twelve guests. Villa Rapolano has retained many of its original features, such as a furnace and a constant traditional theme flows throughout. The villa is split into two levels and therefore provides obvious division between the living areas and the bedrooms.
Each room has had its original wooden beam ceilings, exposed brick walls and terracotta flooring refurbished and brought back to life. The large living area’s main feature is the long dining table, which comfortably seats fourteen. Behind here is a well-equipped kitchen, with a gas oven & hobs...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
The Crete Senesi look like a different world. In spring, an explosion of nature turns the fields to green waves caressed by the wind. In autumn, the farmers’ ploughs bring the clay back to the surface with its ethereal violet shimmer. It's no surprise the region produces excellent sheep’s milk cheese, given an unmistakable flavour of the wild herbs the sheep graze on. Land of olive groves that produce the fine Terre di Siena oil, and here you can find a variety of one of the rarest and finest white truffles in Italy. In this clay region, with its endless horizons, you will not find a lot of rocks or stone buildings. Almost everything is made of clay bricks, like the distinctive beautiful farmhouses that are isolated on hilltops. The country is dense with magnificent monuments, which mark specific former territories. Cardinal points, like the Abbey of Monte Oliveto, showcase fabulous 16th Century architecture through their well-preserved cloisters. Fortified medieval storehouses or granaries like, Grancia di Cuna are in abundance. Even the ancient castlea of San Giovanni d’Asso are open to the public. Asciano, the historic chief city of this region, is where you can admire the 14th Century Sienese city walls, side by side with the Romanesque architecture of the Basilica of Sant’Agata. The city hosts many fine restaurants and cafes too, so hire a car and make several trips to this mini haven.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500
- Arrival time : 3 pm to 7 pm.
- Departure time : 10 am.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : No, charged on consumption.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €100, paid locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €35 per pet will apply (paid locally).
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Other Ts and Cs : Local Tax: €1.50 p/p per night
- Internet access? : Please note there is limitedWi-Fi access in some areas of the villa. However there is good access in the office, if required.
- Other Ts and Cs : The swimming pool is open from May through to October, weather permitting.