Bisenzio Farmhouse at Umbria
Bisenzio Farmhouse has been lovingly restored using local materials to create a stunning holiday home. With its characterful look from the outside, step inside to discover luxurious, stylish and comfortable interiors.
Relax by the swimming pool with glorious views, read a book in the flowering gardens or sip the estate’s wine on your panoramic terrace as you gaze over the Umbrian hills towards Orvieto. Prepare al-fresco meals by the stone barbecue and pizza oven for all the family or find a quiet spot under the pretty gazebo by the swimming pool.
Inside, each of the six bedrooms feature air-conditioning and en suite bathrooms whilst the beautiful living rooms have modern gadgets such as Smart TVs, Sonos speakers and even an Xbox One to keep youngsters entertained. This is contemporary living in beautiful Italian surroundings.
The farmhouse is part of a vast estate with olive groves, vineyards and a rare breed of...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Situated near the Umbrian border with Lazio and Tuscany, the Bisenzio Farmhouse overlooks the stunning scenery of the Monte Rufeno National Park in Umbria, the green heart of Italy. Set on a vast estate, organic wine, olive oil and high-quality beef are produced on the owner's farm. Indeed, the whole area is a food lover’s paradise - Umbria is also home to the world famous salty Pecorino cheese and crisp dry Orvieto wine as well as chestnuts and truffles. Some of Italy’s finest wine areas are on the doorstep and there are many small family-run vineyards which welcome visitors. The Bisenzio Farmhouse is a haven of peace and tranquillity, yet it is conveniently located 9km from the A1 Autostrada between Rome and Florence. This means easy access to fascinating places including Orvieto, Arrezzo, Assisi, Cetona, Montepulciano, Perugia, Siena and Spoleto as well as the lakes of Bolsena and Trasimeno. Rome is two hours away on the Autostrada, and served by regular trains from the local town, which is just a 10-minute drive from the property. Highlights include the Vatican City, Roman Forum, Colosseum and Spanish Steps. Florence is about an hour and a half drive away and is on the train line nearby. Highlights include the Uffizi Gallery, Ponte Vechio, Boboli Garden, Pitti Palace. Siena is an hour and twenty minutes drive away, and again reachable by train. Visit the beautiful Campo square where twice a year (2nd July, 16th August) the world famous Palio takes place – a horse race dating back to the 1600s.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 charged to client’s credit card as a pre-authorisation before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4pm to 7pm.
- Departure time : By 10am.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, plus mid-week change of towels. Bed linen changed mid-week for stays longer than a week.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, plus mid-stay cleaning for bookings for 6 guests and 3 hours additional cleaning per day (Monday - Friday) for bookings for 12 guests. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Pool heating charge? : No, extra cost based on gas consumption (approximately €250 per week).
- Other Ts and Cs : For full occupancy, includes daily cleaning (Monday to Friday for 3 hours & Saturday if 2 weeks’ or longer stay). For half occupancy, only one clean on Wednesday included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Maximum occupancy - 12 people
- Other Ts and Cs : Air conditioning is featured in all bedrooms.
- Pool heating charge? : Extra cost (approx. €250), payable locally. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately April to end of October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Internet access? : WI-Fi connection included.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.