Amazing Tranquil Home with Views over Cardigan Bay in Snowdonia
Treat yourselves to a peaceful and tranquil break in this luxurious ten bedroom, C16th country house. The house sits snugly in the mountainous area of Snowdonia, North Wales, just a short walk from the sandy delights of the Llŷn Peninsula and the bustling seaside town of Criccieth.
Gwynedd House offers large group accommodation, either on a self-catering basis or with in-house catering. Local activities range from golf to surfing. Sleeping up to twenty-one guests, this south facing, fantastic house is set in seven acres of garden and woodlands and is perfect for large parties wanting to celebrate a special occasion!
Over 400 years old, this country home was once the home of the family of Lloyd George, the Liberal Prime Minister, in the late 1900s. More recently the property has been used as a lovely country hotel.
Set in seven acres of land, there is more than enough space for the whole family to enjoy! The...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Tennis Courts: Community
Outdoor Dining Area
From your luxurious base at Gwynedd House, enjoy the best that North Wales has to offer: <b>Golf</b> The house is a stone’s throw from Criccieth Golf Club (with special prices for golfing parties staying at the house). Other local golf clubs include Nefyn, Pwllheli, St David's, and Porthmadog. Oliver's VIP concierge team can arrange tee times for you, plus a 10% discount. Maximum golfing parties: 10 (single occupancy), or up to 18 sharing. <b>Local Attractions</b><i> - Portmeirion Village & Gardens</i><i> - Festiniog Railway - Welsh Highland Railways - Lloyd George Museum</i><i> - Caernarfon Castle - Conwy Castle</i> <b>Local Activities</b><i> Zip World</i> From the longest zipwire in the world to Bounce Below, a huge subterranean playground, Zip World is located on 3 sites in Wales and offers adrenalin-fuelled experiences for all ages. a) Penrhyn Quarry Bethesda (Velocity and Quarry Tour) b) Zip World Forest at Betws y Coed (Zip Safari, Plummet and Skyride) c) Slate Caverns Blaenau Ffestiniog (Titan, Bounce Below and Caverns) <i>Lon Eifion Cycle Route</i> This scenic route from Caernarfon to Bryncir runs alongside the Welsh Highland Railway and offers wonderful views of Caernarfon Bay and Snowdonia. <i>Surf Snowdonia</i> A revolutionary world-first inland surf lagoon roughly the size of six football pitches, set in the lush, green Conwy Valley in the lee of the Snowdonia mountains. <i>Bear Grylls Dragon Raiders Activity Park</i> Survival academy, paintball park and Segway adventures based in the heart of north Wales. <i>Pen Llyn Lusitano Stud and Riding Centre</i> Trekking, stable days, beach rides and lessons from the leading Lusitano stud in the UK.<i> Porth Neigwl (Hells Mouth) – West Coast Surf </i> Hells Mouth Surf School offers quality, fully qualified, insured and regulated surf school on the Peninsula since 1996 and have helped thousands of people with their first surfing experience. <i>Coed-y-Brenin</i> Coed y Brenin not only has miles of exceptional singletrack for experienced and expert riders, but also great family and intermediate trails for all abilities. Bring your own or hire a bike. <i>Antur Stiniog Downhill Trails</i> Stiniog offers six fantastic downhill mtb trails, graded blue to black and the best mountain bike uplift service in the UK. Also offered is mountain bike coaching to riders of all levels, from beginner to expert; from trail riders to downhill racers. <i>Abersoch Sailing School</i> Sailing and powerboat lessons, sea kayaks, paddle boards, pedalos and ringo rides. Equipment available to hire. Click here to find out more! <i>Glasfryn Park</i> Go Karting, Quad Biking, Wakeboarding, Ten Pin Bowling and a Soft Play Centre (and much much more!). Homemade food is served all day. Admission and Parking is FREE! <i>Redline Indoor Karting</i> Groups and individuals are catered for, from absolute beginners to corporate hospitality events - all under the expert supervision of fully trained staff.<i> Beacon Climbing Centre</i> The largest indoor climbing centre in North Wales, welcoming all climbers and offering a full range of indoor climbing from relatively easy challenges for those new to the sport to fiendishly difficult climbs capable of testing the best climbers around. <i>Walking in Snowdonia</i> Snowdon itself, is obviously the prime destination for many with 6 popular routes to the summit of varying difficulties, but endless other walking routes around Snowdonia and the Llyn. <i>Dwyfor Health and Nordic Walks</i> Nordic Walking Taster sessions from the grounds of Mynydd Ednyfed to guided 6 hour walks further afield.<i> Shearwater Coastal Cruises</i> Specialising in scenic coastal cruises, visiting off-shore seal and seabird colonies where you can usually see and are regularly joined by the resident dolphins. <b>Recommended Food & Drink</b><i> - Ty-Coch Inn - Dylan's Restaurant Criccieth</i>
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £250. This is paid prior to arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Arrival time : 16.00
- Departure time : 10.00
- Energy costs included? : Fuel charge: 3-days: £85 / 4-days: £95 / 7-days: £135.
- ***For 2020 bookings: the winter months include the Winter Heating Allowance (times 7.30am until 11am then 3.30pm until 10.30pm) If guests require additional, there will be a charge.***
- > If not included, what are they? : 7 days-£110.00; 4 days-£85.00; 3 days-£75.00
- Linen & towels included? : Included.
- Pets welcome? : £25.00 per dog for a 3-night stay or £45 each for a 7-night stay. Maximum of 2 dogs allowed.
- Changeover day : Any day of the week. One week minimum stay for the Summer holidays, Easter, Christmas and New Year.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Other Ts and Cs : The Winter Fuel charge is expected to be paid cash on the day of arrival, along with the Security Deposit.
- Other 2 : No stag or hen do's allowed at the house
- Other 3 : Please note that if the maximum capacity (including children) exceeds 20 guests, there will be an additional per person charge