Old Queens Manor at England
***Book for Christmas 2020 and enjoy a Gourmet Christmas Hamper from Waitrose (RRP £100) waiting for you on arrival***
Old Queens Manor is a handsome manse set in peaceful countryside with glorious views to the Cotswolds and over the River Severn to Wales. The only noises to be heard are happy birdsongs, and there are woodpeckers in the ancient hornbeams and thrushes on the lawn.
The characterful home can comfortably accommodate up to ten guests across five beautifully kept bedrooms. On the ground floor is the elegant entertaining space which comprises of an inviting living room with cosy open fireplace, a spacious dining room and a fully-equipped kitchen which comes complete with all the tools a budding chef could possibly need! Upstairs on the first floor are the bedrooms, a master room which boasts its very own en-suite bathroom, as well as a further two doubles and two twin rooms, each of these...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Old Queens Manor is situated within a few minutes stroll from the village of Oldbury on Severn, a quaint little place enticing visitors back again and again. In the village there are many places to eat and drink in the summer sun. Oldbury is famous for The Anchor Pub where visitors mix with locals to enjoy the renowned British home cooking. For guests that prefer a stroll before a meal, the White Hart pub in Littleton on Severn is a relaxing two mile walk away through glorious orchards and fields. The 500 year old Thornbury Castle, where Henry VIII stayed with Anne Boleyn, provides not only a look into Britain’s history and the glorious architecture of the building but also an exquisite dining experience in an ancient Elizabethan setting. It is only a 30 minute walk through the fields from The Old Queens Manor or 10 minutes by car. The views from The Old Queens Manor are simply breathtaking. It is situated two minutes away from a church built on the site of ancient Celtic worship, and visitors to the area have often been seen sipping a glass of wine on the bench at its front, admiring the spectacular views stretching from the sailing club across the River Severn to the Blue Welsh Hills beyond. For families with young children and teenagers it is an easy drive to Go-Ape, a forest network of ropes and swings, perfect for energetic youngsters or adults. Kayaking, climbing, canoeing and caving are also all available close by. For sport lovers, Thornbury has a scenic 18 hole golf course and a par 3 course with undulating views over the Severn Estuary. Staying in Old Queens Manor, there are many local leisure opportunities. Local walks are famous. There is even an enchanting little bridle path running next to the garden and used only by walkers and horse riders. The owners of this glorious home supply maps and books so guests can navigate through the countryside. The Cotswolds are only a short drive away, and The Old Queens Manor is also situated only 15 minutes away by car from the Welsh border.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £700. Credit card authorisation required, it will be refunded in full subject to a damage inspection on departure.
- Arrival time : 5pm
- Departure time : 9am
- Energy costs included? : Yes
- Linen & towels included? : Included, including swimming towels.
- Pets welcome? : One well-behaved dog is allowed on a request basis at time of booking for an additional charge of £50.00 per stay. The breed of dog must be stated in the request. The dog is to be kept off furniture and failure to do this may result in a deduction from the damage deposit.
- Changeover day : Friday
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Other Ts and Cs : Bookings :
- - Weekly bookings only for peak months. This may be flexible last minute. Please enquire.
- - Weekly lets only during school holidays, rentals start on Saturday. Weekend, long weekend and midweek bookings are possible throughout the rest of the year.
- - Weekly lets only during school holidays.
- Security deposit :
- Other 2 : There is very light coloured carpet throughout the house, so it is appreciated if footwear is removed in carpeted areas.
- Other 3 : Swimming Pool - the pool is open between the start of May - end of September (dependent on Weather conditions)
- It may be possible to open and heat the swimming pool outside of the above dates on request and for an additional charge. Please enquire at time of booking to allow plenty of notice.