Plunkett House at County Meath
Plunkett House lies some 80 km northwest of Dublin and is set among the beautiful hills of north Co Meath. It has been in the same family since the 17th century and has had a very interesting history. The remains of the church of Saint Oliver Plunkett can be seen at the the nearby gardens.
The house is beautifully furnished and has open fires and two TV rooms with wide screen TVs. The house has been decorated with great artistic flair and an emphasis on comfort and relaxation for all guests. A private tennis court, 200 acres of parkland and gardens surround the house.
Nearby, the amazing megalithic tombs are internationally renowned and are largely undisturbed. They are believed to form a solar calendar even older than Stonehenge.
The property sleeps up to 17 and is made up of the 4 double room, 4 twin rooms and 1 single room.
- Library/Living Room: solid fuel stove with a stock...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The house is situated in the middle of the beautiful rolling drumlins of north County Meath next to the prehistoric passage graves of international renown. The area around is one of the unknown delights on the doorstep of Dublin. The surrounding landscape is atmospheric and serene, with rolling parklands, forests and ring forts. The property is 3 miles from the thriving market town of Oldcastle and is within easy reach of the Kells, Navan and Cavan towns. Dublin City and International Airport is approximately 50 miles away and the new M3 motorway, when completed, will offer even swifter journey times to the city. In a landscape of inspiring beauty and intriguing history, the cairns form the largest complex of passage graves in Ireland. The Cairns are megalithic structures originally built about 4000 BC as burial chambers. The cairns are in two groups. Carnbane West is about 15 cairns, including Cairn L which is roofed and contains superb symbolic carvings in good condition. This group is some 2 km walk from the car park on gently sloping ground. Carnbane East includes Cairn T, also roofed and with excellent engravings, and is a shorter but steeper walk. Also within the estate is an adventure course that can be hired. It includes: - Adult and junior obstacle courses with zip wire and climbing wall - Mind games and brain teasers - Raft building on the lake - Archery - Camp craft and bush survival overnight Guests can experience exhilaration and excitement. The estate can provide a tailor made package to suit individual and group needs. This service is ideal for corporate days, sports clubs, schools, youth groups, hen and stag parties and family fun. - FULL DAY: €50 PER ADULT, HALF DAY: €30 PER ADULT - FULL DAY: €40 PER CHILD (UNDER 12), HALF DAY: €25 PER CHILD - OVERNIGHT FOR CAMP CRAFT & BUSH SURVIVAL: €50 A HEAD
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €300. This is paid on arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Arrival time : 2pm
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included. Please leave the property in the state that you found it.
- Pets welcome? : Sorry no pets
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking