Delightful 10 Bedroom Chateau with Pool Enjoying Views Over Neighbouring Vineyards
Château Gaillac is a late Napoleonic, belle époque style extravaganza of opulence, situated in the valley of the Tarn River between the historic cathedral cities of Albi and Toulouse, with easy access to the Autoroute.
The Vignerons of Gaillac have tended the fertile fields in the Tarn valley for the past millennium with loving care in a landscape of viridian, terracotta and ochre reminiscent of Tuscany. Once the centre of this vast wine making domain, Château Gaillac enjoys views over neighbouring vineyards, of which guests receive a complimentary case upon arrival.
Resplendent in its park-land arboretum setting of lofty cedars, the château sits just back from the banks of the river Tarn, and also enjoys access to the adjoining rolling countryside. All the while, the facilities and popular attractions of the historic market town of Gaillac are just four minutes away.
Bright, warm and charmingly decorated in...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Château Gaillac rests on the edge of a hamlet, around 4km away from the small town of Gaillac and between the historic cathedral cities of Albi (25km) and Toulouse (60km) with easy access to the Autoroute. There is also a train station in Gaillac with a good railway services. The surrounding region of Gaillac is both scenic and vibrant. Whether you’re wine tasting around the local vineyards, either exploring the hill top citadels of Cordes-sur-ciel and Bastides des Albigois or visiting one of the 5 “<i>Plus Beaux Villages de France</i>” like Castelnau de Montmirail, Puycelsi, Bruniquel, Lautrec, Monesties all located less than half an hour away, there’s plenty to see and do. The actual town of Gaillac is but a short cycle away. Once there you’ll find a mix of beautiful architecture from many periods, and a real old world charm. Make sure to drop by the Musee des Beaux-Arts, and leave plenty of time to soak up the atmosphere of the adjoining French gardens and park. Gaillac is abundant in heritage within its winding streets and tree lined esplanades, but also benefits from a modern shopping centre, open-market and restaurants to suit all tastes. There are several markets, the Friday market is the biggest. The UNESCO world heritage city of Albi lies just 20 minutes from the château and boasts Europe’s largest brick building; the magnificent Cathedral of Albi – a masterpiece of Southern Gothic architecture, and a must see in the region. The Toulouse-Lautrec museum recently refurbished is well worth a visit. Children may also like to pay a visit to the water park “Atlantis” located half an hour away. Out in the peaceful surroundings of Château Gaillac it is easy to forget that you’re only an hour from Toulouse, a bustling twin university city. Fourth French city by its size, Toulouse is a hub of technology within Southern France. It even has its own space visitor centre, and yet it still maintains a simplicity and romanticism that is true to the region. Bisected by the River Garonne, it is often referred to as <i>La Ville Rose</i> (the Pink City) due to the attractive pink terracotta bricks that make up many of the historic structures in the city.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 charged to client’s credit card by the owner one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes (extra sheets available on request).
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Other Ts and Cs : A/C is only available in three bedrooms.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all the guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage during their stay at the property.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges. Stag and hen parties are not permitted.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.