Domaine Des Glieres at Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes
Affectionately nicknamed “Le Chateau” by locals, the Domaine Des Glieres overlooks Lake Annecy and parts of the Alps from the top of Le Col de la Forclaz. Just 15km from center of Annecy, the Chalet offers an impressive fifteen hectares of private land and trails, with panoramic views of Lake Annecy, the surrounding mountain peaks and forests that carpet the landscape.
Old World elegance meets modern convenience at Domaine Des Glieres, which offers guests fourteen bedrooms, eight bathrooms, a pool, pool-house with kitchen, jacuzzi and sauna. Whether you’re looking for spending lazy days by the pool or a base for exploring the area (or trying out some adrenaline boosting outdoor pursuits!) Domaine Des Glieres is the perfect choice in accommodation for those looking for a memorable and wholly satisfying holiday.
Built in the 1920′s, the house still retains many of its original features, furniture and charm. The ambiance is...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The beauty of Domaine Des Glieres is that it has something to offer all year round. During the summer the Alps return to their traditional farming roots with a twist of adventure. Tee off on a range of local golf courses, explore the mountains by bike, enjoy a day’s sailing on the lake or simply enjoy hundreds of kilometers of mountain trails on foot. For those in search of adrenaline, try your hand at canyoning, take to the skies by paragliding or wake boarding on the lake. The choices are endless, and the choice is all yours. During the winter, the small ski slope of Montmin is literally outside your door, but for those wishing to adventure further afield, larger resorts are just a short drive away. Annecy and its surrounding towns are vibrant and cosmopolitan, hosting a vast range of celebrated events all year round from the Tour de France to the Animated Film Festival in June to August’s Fete du Lac. And for the bargain hunter there are antiques to be found! From local dealers, to the Annecy Antique Market (held the last Saturday of each month), to the yearly Antiques Salon, there are endless treasures to be found. Haute Savoy also offers a delicious variety of gastronomic choices. Whether you decide to visit one of its three star Michelin restaurants or prefer to enjoy some local Savoyard cuisine, you won't be disappointed. There are six great restaurants in walking distance to the house, which is also ideal for private functions such as weddings and family celebrations. Conveniently located only a short drive from the airports in Annecy (20mins), Geneva (40mins), Lyon and Grenoble (90mins), there is also a direct TGV service from Paris. Nearest local shops and towns are a 15 minute drive away in various directions. If you're looking for a weekend sporting break with friends or a corporate team building, this can easily be organised in the form of a bespoke package.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €5000
- Arrival time : 4.00 pm
- Departure time : 10.00 am
- Energy costs included? : Yes
- Heating costs included? : Yes
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes
- Linen & towels included? : Yes
- Pets welcome? : No
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only
- Changeover day : Saturday and Sunday