Chic Elegant 7 Bedroom Historic Chateau with Pool in Normandy
At this chateau in Normandy, modern New York design meets classic French elegance. You’ll instantly see why this chic 17th century chateau has been featured on the covers of Maison Normandes and Elle Decor.
The sunny interior has been expertly designed, with stylish sitting areas throughout the house where you can relax, have a chat, and gaze out towards the banks of the Seine. A wonderful new spacious conservatory, featuring an impressive La Cornue kitchen, offers further opportunities to relax and socialise with family and friends.
The splendid formal dining room, featuring silk handprinted De Gournay wallpaper, is ideal for lingering evening meals on cooler evenings. Wine aficionados can also head down to the two original caves under the chateau which have been lovingly restored to create the perfect spot for wine and cheese tastings, sampling the fine products that this region has to offer.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Chateau Lazuline is located in beautiful Normandy countryside and farmland. The nearest town is Bourg-Achard where you will find a handful of restaurants and a bakery who will deliver bread and pastries to you each morning if you wish. Normandy has a huge amount to offer – and most of it is within a reasonable drive of the chateau. It has something for everyone from old cities such as Rouen (40km) where Joan of Arc was burnt at the stake, Monet's garden at Giverny (80km), the landing beaches at Omaha and beyond (155km) and further historic sites such as the Bayeux tapestry (135km). Paris (145km) can be easily reached by train from Rouen in under 90 minutes or alternatively drive to the delightful seaside resort of Deauville (65km) where you will find designer boutiques and lovely beaches. Honfleur (50km) is one of the many pretty fishing villages in Normandy or head to the pretty village of La Bouille (18km) where Monet painted La Seine. Normandy is rightly famous for its food - especially the cheeses such as Livarot Camembert, and Pont l'Eveque - and Calvados, the apple brandy. Local markets are fantastic and are often the major source of food for the locals, Friday market in Pont Audemer (25km) is particularly good and there are many others in the region, as well as excellent restaurants with fine local cuisine, many with Michelin stars. Activity lovers will appreciate the great walking, cycling and horse-riding in the area as well as golf within half an hour and canoeing along the natural beauty of the Risle within fifteen minutes.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Wheelchair access
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : Security deposit 1,000 euros. This is paid 2 weeks before arrival please contact the owner for details. It will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 9.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : All linen and bath towels are included in the rental price.
- Pets welcome? : On request. Please enquire at the time of booking.
- Changeover day : ANY DAY OF THE WEEK
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other special events are not permitted.