Classic Charming 7 Bedroom Chateau with Pool in Clarente
The charming Chateau de Seyres is ideally located in a small village in the Charente region of South West France, just on the Dordogne borders, and offers guests a choice on whether they’d like to stay in Medieval splendour or Classical elegance! The property has remained in the same family for several centuries, who painstakingly take care of the place and ensure each and every need of each and every guest is met. Enjoy the spectacular linden tree in its courtyard, as you take in a chateau nestled in greenery that overlooks the nearby valley and woods - the perfect place for a holiday in the South of France.
The chateau accommodates a total of 10 adults and 11 children in two wings, which are connected by a music room. This room is a great place to meet up with everyone for drinks and nibbles, and entertainment is easy thanks to the Pleyel grand piano, at the disposal of seasoned musicians.
It’s the ideal place to...
At a glance
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Chateau De Seyres has an ideal location, and it's only a minute's walk to the village centre and shops. It's 10km to the Dordogne and 15km to Angoulême (with its excellent rail connection) and the chateau itself is easily reached by road, rail and air and remains open all year for daily, weekly or weekend rentals. If you're a nature lover, it's paradise! The two hectares of parkland attached to the property provide plenty of opportunities for exercise, play and relaxation, with its 14m pool providing the perfect place to take a dip. The immediate surroundings offer many leisure hiking trails, as well as the chance to take in some great views and get closer to the French countryside. In the local area, other activities include: the village leisure park for playing boules; a 9-hole golf course (with restaurant, bar and shop) and paintball at one of the biggest centres in France at Garat; horse riding for families at Pranzac; free tennis court and football pitch in the neighbouring village of Bouex (2km). The Chateau de Seyres is also the perfect base for day-trips to explore cities like Angouleme, Perigueux, Brantome, Limoges and Poitiers. The seaside resorts of La Rochelle, l’Ile de Ré, l’Ile d’Oleron and Royan are attractive destinations with sandy beaches and summer music festivals. The chateau is located is a small village located on the borders of the Charente and Dordogne in South West France. 5 minutes by car are free tennis courts, fishing and a park. Within 8 km you will also find canoeing/kayaking, horse riding, karting (for children of 7 years and older) and a waterpark with man-made beaches and pedallos. Within 15km there is golf, bowling and ice skating. Further afield: Chateau la Rochefoucauld 18km (children can dress up in medieval costumes). Water park and lakes Angouleme 14km. La Vallee des Singes 100km (monkey park). Futuroscope 110km (theme park). There are three 18 hole courses nearby - Montbron 25km, Angouleme 14km and Cognac 45km.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 to be paid prior to arrival and refunded within 14 days after departure subject to damage inspection. A higher security deposit may apply for any events or parties (please enquire).
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00
- Energy costs included? : yes
- Linen & towels included? : Yes
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- End of stay cleaning included? : €100.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking in the property.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Pool heating charge? : Free of charge in July and August / Extra €20 per day in May, June and September. The temperature of the water will depend on weather conditions.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note the maximum number of adults accepted at the property is 10. Alternatively, it can sleep parties of 8 adults and 11 children or 10 adults and 9 children.
- Heating costs included? : €70/day in winter.
- Other Ts and Cs : All parties, including Stag and Hen parties are only permitted on request and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : The swimming pool is closed from October to the beginning of May.
- Heating costs included? : Extra €30 per day in Autumn (September to beginning of November) and extra €70 per day in Winter (approximately November to mid-January)
- End of stay cleaning included? : Guests are required to leave the accommodation in the same state they found it on arrival
- Other Ts and Cs : In the low season, there is a supplement per person per night for every additional guest above 15 pax.
- Changeover day : Saturday in July and August. Flexible during all other periods.