Chateau Des Lanternes at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Perfectly situated to explore the rich culture, history, and wine of the Loire Valley, this impressive 19th century chateau in the Vienne department provides a relaxing escape in the bucolic Vienne countryside.
There are plenty of places to socialize and unwind - from the elegant library and the comfortable living room, to the formal dining room or in the open kitchen, where a large rustic dining table and modern appliances make it easy to prepare family meals.
Nine spacious bedrooms are distributed across three floors to accommodate 16 guests. They offer gorgeous views of the expansive lawn, gardens and countryside beyond.
The exterior grounds are enchanting, with 25 acres of walled parkland to explore, including a vast rose garden, and plenty of outdoor seating. Make the most of sunny days by settling into a sun lounger by the pool, firing up the BBQ, or getting a friendly game of table tennis going.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The nearest airport to the chateau is Poitiers (30km) and the nearest town is Lencloitre (3km). The Chateau is a superb gateway to the renowned culture, history and attractions of the Loire Valley and its many Roman ruins, abbeys churches and chateaux. A number of restaurants and food shops are within a short walking distance of the chateau, offering guests the chance to sample the famed cuisine of the region. The Chateau is close to the tranquil and idyllic surroundings of the Marais Poitevin, a locale offering lake swimming and canoeing facilities for the more adventurous. A themed historical adventure attraction is a short drive away at Puy du Fou, while neighbouring Poitiers has the exciting Futuroscope theme park – a great attraction for adults and children alike. In addition to these notable nearby sights, the library in the chateau has an extensive collection of local tourist information and sightseeing suggestions for the region. Chambord, Chenonceaux, Villandry, Blois and the other famous chateaux of the Loire Valley are a short distance away. Numerous other renowned fortified settlements are also a short car journey away. The nearby town of Lencloitre still has a market of traditional local fare every Wednesday and Saturday, offering guests the opportunity to sample the produce and delicacies of the region. On the first Monday of every month there is a craft fair at the same site. The town is also home to a number of excellent local restaurants and eateries, most notably ‘Bottin Gourmand’ and ‘Les Delices de Michel’. Local activities: Golfing facilities (both La Rochelle and Royan golf courses are a short drive away), tennis, biking paths, fishing and horseback riding are all available within a very short drive. There are also a number of local vineyards in the area that offer tasting sessions for wine enthusiasts.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 paid to the owner on arrival and refunded (less energy costs) three weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00.p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00.a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Extra €80 for electricity, deducted from security deposit.
- > If not included, what are they? : Electricity: €80/week. Heating: depending on use.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €300, payable locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit
- Minimum stay : 4 nights. All other durations on request.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately from end of May to mid-September.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Other Ts and Cs : Additional guests are welcome to stay at the chateau for €40 per person per night.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings are not allowed.