Chateau De Mazelle at Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes
This imposing chateau is embraced by the foothills of the Cévennes and the power of the natural world. Its 5 terraces give sweeping views onto the rustic stones, surrounding forests and rocky outcrops which are characteristic of this part of the Languedoc. The chateau’s ample common areas make it perfect for convivial family reunions or large gatherings of friends.
The 21-metre long private pool is the centrepiece of outdoor life. No less stunning is the immense covered terrace above the pool, with a dining table that can seat 20 guests in view of the setting sun. The 11 bedrooms are comfortably furnished, while the enormous kitchen, beautifully updated in sympathy with the rustic stones from which the house was built, is a special treat where you can cook and dine with friends.
Tucked on the edge of the Cévennes National Park, there are unlimited outdoor adventures within the grounds of the chateau and within a...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The nearest airports are Nîmes (1hour 20mins) or Montpellier (1hour 45mins) and the nearest market town is Les Vans. The local village of Banne hosts an art festival during the summer and is a meeting point for various guided hikes. The nearest train station is Nîmes, but for TGVs or the Eurostar from St Pancras, Valance TGV (2hours) or Avignon (1hour 40mins) are preferable. Hiking trails abound, both by setting off directly from the house or by driving a short distance to explore the Cévennes National Park. Take a 25-minute walk downhill to the medieval village of Banne, explore the deep caves and grotto of la Cocalière or the rocky outcrops of the Bois de Païolive. Swim in the 21-metre pool or take a short drive to an idyllic swimming hole, complete with enormous rocks and a waterfall. There are tennis courts in St. Paul le Jeune and les Vans. The vast surrounding hills and valleys with their quiet roads present miles of cycling in unspoiled scenery amid wildflowers, wildlife, and few human encounters. The Ardèche river with its famous Pont d'Arc is a short drive away, where it is easy to rent canoes to spend the day floating down the river or sunbathing on its shores. Further afield, the elegant town of Uzès with its famous Saturday market is not to be missed. Just south of Uzès is the breathtaking Pont du Gard, an ancient Roman aqueduct which once transported water to Nîmes and is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit the beautiful walled city of Avignon to learn about the history of the Papacy in France and to enjoy its chic shops or explore the historic Roman amphitheatre of Nîmes. For wine lovers, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, home to the finest wines of the Rhône valley, is a wonderful outing for a long lunch or wine tasting in the vineyards.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €100 payable in cash on arrival.
- Arrival time : From 4 p.m.
- Departure time : 10 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, water and electricity are included.
- Linen & towels included? : €20 p/p
- Pets welcome? : Small well behaved dogs permitted.
- End of stay cleaning included? : €400 to be paid in cash to guardian on every Saturday.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking in the property.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Pool heating charge? : No.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Heating costs included? : Although central heating is not available, heaters can be provided on request. Please note the rental season is June to mid September, when heating is not usually required.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note, outside caterers are allowed with prior agreement only as there are staff on site that can arrange meals.
- Other Ts and Cs : Drones are not allowed at this property.