Fantastic 5 Bedroom Chateau with 25 Acres of Wonderful Views, Pool and Tennis Court in South Toulouse
South of Toulouse, on the edge of the Ariège, you will find the magnificent Château Ariège. Built around the middle of the 19th century for a famous baroness, the beautiful château is surrounded by its own woods and parkland, making it a haven of relaxation.
The château itself has five comfortable bedrooms, all ensuite, as well as elegant reception rooms, a formal dining room with a grand fireplace and a perfectly equipped kitchen. For larger groups of family or friends, the old coach house just behind the château has been converted into a four-bedroom gîte on the first floor and a games room below. The château can be rented by itself for ten guests, with exclusive use of the grounds, or with the gîte offering nine bedrooms in total.
Perhaps ideal for visiting friends or even older teens, the first-floor gîte offers its own living room and kitchen alongside four bedrooms. This accommodation provides flexible and...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Less than an hour south of Toulouse, in the Ariège department near the border with Haute-Garonne, stands the beautiful Château Ariège. It’s surrounded by its own woods and parkland in complete privacy, just set back from the main road south leading to the Pyrenees mountains. The local village, just under 5km away, has a useful supermarket and there are a couple of local restaurants within a short drive from the château. This region is a wonderfully bucolic area which stretches away from the cosmopolitan sophistication of Toulouse down to the rising peaks of the Pyrenees, which are topped with ice and snow even in the late spring. The faraway mountain range, behind which Andorra nestles, serves as a constant point of orientation to the south, dipping in and out of view as you wind your way around the rising and falling lanes. Walking through the meadows filled with wild flowers in the late spring and summer is a pure joy. Other activities in the Pyrenees include mountain biking, white-water rafting and of course snow-sports in the winter. Heading back up north, the vibrant city of Toulouse is a fantastic place to visit. It’s named ‘La Ville Rose’ because of the stunning red-brick buildings across the city and the pretty shades of pink that can be found in the narrow lanes of the old town. There are many great restaurants serving regional cuisine, picturesque bars by the Garonne river as well as tapas bars across the city. For a change of scene, visit the enchanting bastide town of Mirepoix (55km), where the solidly elegant cathedral of St Maurice - its nave the second widest in Europe - gazes down on the medieval square bordered by half-timbered houses fronted by a delightful wooden arcade. The Monday morning market is a particular delight and should not be missed. From here it is only a 90-minute drive south east to the stunning walled city of Carcassonne (108km), now a UNESCO World Heritage site and an amazing place to visit for the day. Albi 134km) is another incredible UNESCO World Heritage site with a beautiful setting on the River Tarn, as is Auch (88km) with its magnificent old town perched up high; make sure you visit an Armagnac vineyard as well. Slightly closer to home in Haute-Garonne, discover pretty villages and towns such as Carbonne (17km), Le Cazères (33km) and Fousseret (38km). A little further, Saint Bertrand de Comminges (95km) is thought to be one of France’s most idyllic villages in a wonderful setting looking over the Pyrenees.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 paid prior to arrival by bank transfer to the owner and will be refunded up to two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : There are heating charges from October to April, payable locally, depending on usage.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Other Ts and Cs : The 10-person price includes the château only only (5 bedrooms) whilst the 18-person price includes the château and gite (9 bedrooms in total).
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : Stag/hen parties and any other special events or celebrations are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges. Weddings are not permitted.