Relaxing 7 Bedroom Traditional Château in the Loire Valley
This ivy-covered château in the Loire Valley is nestled among a copse of trees, but it’s far from remote. Here, set within a 180 acre golf resort, you can host a truly sublime retreat. Guests can take advantage of the hotel spa nearby for free for two hours a day, where two swimming pools (indoor and outdoor), jacuzzi, a sauna, a hammam and a fitness room are at your disposal. Free access to the Spa services for two hours a day and the possibility to book treatments are yet another courtesy included with your stay".
This 17th century château feels like a relaxed, traditional countryside home; you’ll love the worn wooden beams overhead and many windows. Each bedroom enjoys the added privacy of an en suite bathroom. Imagine tea outside on the terrace, a sense of complete privacy and ease (thanks, in part, to the moat surrounding the courtyard!)
For an adventure, horseback riding can be found just 2 kilometres down the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Located in the heart of France in the Indre department (near the border with Cher), in an area rich with cultural and historical heritage and green landscapes, Château Drades is undoubtedly an exceptional place where tradition and romanticism combine. The château is situated in the first line of a stunning golf course. A few hundred metres from the château, the modern hotel features a spa with a swimming pool, a bar and restaurants. The château is based in a small town where you will find a small supermarket and a restaurant. There is also an excellent equestrian centre just 2km away. The local town of La Châtre is only 12km by car, an especially lovely place on a Saturday morning with the weekly Farmer’s market. It’s a picturesque with half-timbered houses as well as beautifully preserved historic buildings and it is most known for its connections to the female author George Sand (there is a good museum in the town all about the 19th century writer’s life). The home of George Sand in the pretty village of Nohant-Vic also attracts a lot of visitors – it’s a beautiful French manor house and she completed many of her most important works here. Another great place to visit is Maison de Jour de Fête (7km), a museum dedicated to the work of Jacques Tati, a famous French director. There are many more activities in the region including fantastic cycling trails and wonderful hiking. The reception desk will inform you about them and will give you a list of activities.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €800 paid to the chateau before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 3.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes (changed once a week).
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the chateau. If accepted, a pet supplement may apply (paid locally).
- Changeover day : Saturday (other days on request, subject to availability).
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Heating costs included? : Yes. If you require logs for the kitchen fireplace then this is an extra €50, payable locally.
- Pool towels included? : Pool towels are available in the spa.
- Other Ts and Cs : A representative will meet you on arrival and will be available throughout your stay if you have any questions.