Chateau Roussignol at Centre-Val de Loire
The 15th Century Chateau Roussignol, situated in the heart of the Loire countryside, sits on a hill overlooking the famous river Creuse. The property has over 10 hectares of private grounds and lies next to a small village that has a restaurant and boulangerie. The Chateau Roussignol is ideally suited to family groups of up to 28 guests and is a great value for money.
There is a heated swimming pool, lots of games for the children and a river that runs through the bottom of the garden. A modern tennis court is ready for use just 200m away. The Pays de la Loire region is in the heart of France and is steeped in history. Through the ages this is where the French Kings built the finest chateaux and many of these historic buildings are less than an hour away, waiting to be explored. Most notably: Azay-le-Rideau, Loches, Chenonceaux, Valençay and Villandry.
The chateau was initially built in the 15th century, with some additions...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
The nearest airport is Poitiers (70km away). The chateau sits on the edge of the small village of Ciron with boulangerie for your bread and croissants in the morning. Le Blanc is the nearest town of a reasonable size 14km away. It is very attractive and has some excellent restaurants. Ciron is located in the heart of a Regional Parc – La Brenne – South West of the Berry area, one of the regions of the Centre Val de Loire region. Therefore it is at the corner of three different areas: Berry, Limousin and Poitou-Charentes. There will be a number of travel books in the cupboard close to the kitchen entrance door to inform you of possible venues to visit. The Michelin travel book “Châteaux de la Loire” is an ideal guide on which to build your itinerary. However if you don’t want to travel too far then there is always the pool to lounge beside! Poitiers is about 75km from the chateau. It is an interesting and attractive city that is worth a visit for the famous Le Futuroscope. The main area of interest to be found nearby is the Regional Parc, La Brenne, which has over 7500 hectares of lakes and ponds and a few villages that are worth a visit. La Brenne is a marvellous place to walk and fish. Main areas of interest are the Etang de Bellebouche, le Château du Bouchet and l’Etang de la Mer Rouge. Local activities include golf (there are 2 golf courses in the vicinity), tennis (5 minutes walk), horse riding (10km away) and cycling.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000. This amount should be paid before arrival to the owners’ bank account or it can be paid in cash upon arrival directly to Mme Despinoy. It will be refunded in full 3 weeks after departure, subject to damage inspection. The bank details will be supplied to you after reservation.
- Arrival time : 4 p.m. onwards.
- Departure time : 10 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Energy costs are charged to expenditure. In case the house is heated, the cost will be about 70 euros per day of heating. Obviously heating is not usually needed in the summer!
- > If not included, what are they? : 90€ per night in winter
- Linen & towels included? : All bed linen included in the rental price. Bath towels are available at €8 per person (for a set of one large and one small towel).
- > If not included, how much to hire? : Towels 5€
- Pets welcome? : No pets allowed.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €500, payable locally.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking in the property.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open from May to September.
- Other Ts and Cs : Although the chateau is set within its own private grounds, it is located in a village - so please try and keep noise to a minimum outside the chateau after 11 p.m.