Chateau D’Ax at Occitanie
The old bones of this 14th century chateau in Midi-Pyrénées stand proudly on an hectare of green parkland. With sweeping views over the surrounding territory (known for sunflower and wine production), your guests will commune with this countryside on the edge of the Dordogne. Inside, simple furnishings let the chateau’s character shine; stone walls, well-loved brick fireplaces, and mysterious spiral stairs suggest a storied past.
Up to 24 guests can spread out on the grounds here - they’ll especially love the swimming pool and barbecue area in the summertime. A separate apartment in the chateau lends extra privacy for a large family - it features its own kitchen and living areas, and a dorm room with 5 twin beds for the kids.
The nearest town to your holiday chateau is Tournon (7 km), a 15th century city sitting beside the Rhône. Wineries are located throughout the town and surrounding region - across the river is Tain...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The nearest airport is Bergeracc (80 km). Alternatively guests can fly into Toulouse (125km). The nearest towns are Tournon (8km) and Montcuq (15km). Cahors is just 25km away. Local markets can be found on each day of the week within a reasonable drive of the chateau in all directions. The Sunday market of Montcuq is the best. Tennis facilities are within 3km of the chateau, and an 18-hole golf course can be found just 10km away.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000. This is paid on arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Arrival time : 4pm onwards.
- Departure time : 10am.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price.
- Linen & towels included? : Bed linen is available for hire for €10 per person, paid locally.
- Towels are available for hire for €10 per person, paid locally.
- Pets welcome? : Pets allowed.
- End of stay cleaning included? : €380 paid locally.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking in the property.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and celebrations are permitted on request. Please note stag/hen parties are not allowed.