Villa La Plaine at Occitanie
Villa la Plaine is a beautifully reconstructed and renovated French farmhouse - and definitely one of our favourites here at Oliver’s Travels. It is very secluded on top of a little hill in the deep Tarn countryside with breath-taking 360 degree views of farms, fields, villages and distant hills. The approach is up a long track, hedged in lavender. You arrive at the house surrounded by a large courtyard of compressed ocre gravel and see it all before you: house, pool, garden and trees.
The property has been restored and renovated to the highest standard. This is truly 5 star accommodation where beauty and comfort are equally important. The owner’s goal was to make Villa la Plaine a calm, healing and beautiful retreat - and we think that goal was certainly achieved!
Plus, you’ll get the 5 star treatment as well - because 3 hours of maid service is included daily!
You enter the house through enormous barn doors...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The house is located about halfway between Montauban and Gaillac, about 45 minutes northeast of the Toulouse Airport. Its nearest village is Monclar de Quercy, about a 5 minute drive away. Monclar has bars, restaurants, supermarket, bank, bakery and various other services (hairdressers, pharmacy etc). Montauban and Gaillac, both about 20 minutes drive, are the larger nearby towns. Everyday in a nearby village there is an open market for fresh fruit, vegetables and cheese etc. The historic city of Albi is 4 km away with its monolithic rose-brick cathedral and its imposing Toulouse Lautrec Museum overlooking the Tarn river. Toulouse is a large city with much to offer in culture and entertainment. In the surrounding countryside there are many beautiful listed fortified and ancient villages (Cordes sur Ciel, Puycelsi, Penne, Bruniquel, St Antonin de Noble Val) that are easy to reach and lovely to explore. There is fishing on the Tarn and the nearby Aveyron rivers and a beautiful golf course near Albi.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Wheelchair access
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : None required.
- Arrival time : Afternoon.
- Departure time : 10.00
- Energy costs included? : Included.
- Linen & towels included? : Included.
- Pets welcome? : One small pet.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included.
- Changeover day : Any day of the week.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Other Ts and Cs : There are two phone lines. One is for outgoing calls through the internet and the other is for incoming calls. This keeps the price down and I do not charge for this unless the charges during your stay are not reasonable.