Chateau Les Douves at Normandie
With style reminiscent of a miniature Versailles, this striking chateau in Normandy conjures the grandeur of the 17th and 18th centuries from the moment you approach it through the tree-lined driveway. The chateau effortlessly combines classic touches (from the stonework in the garden to the Aubusson carpets and even an original c17th backgammon set), with the modern amenities you expect, such as jetted tubs, Nespresso machine, widescreen TV (with Netflix and DVD) and the heated pool, to name just a few.
This is no dark and dreary castle - large windows on both sides of the chateau let light stream in throughout the day. Sportsmen and women can compete on the private tennis court, do some laps in the pool, fish in the moat, and bicycles are also available for anyone wanting to leave the extensive grounds. The beach at Fontenay-Sur-Mer for example is within easy biking distance.
Through the gardens, 100m away from...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €2000/£2000 paid to the owner by bank transfer or by cheque one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. onwards.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included except central heating (from October to April).
- Linen & towels included? : All linen included in the rental price.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking.
- Insurance : It is a condition of the owner that all guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : No groups under 25 allowed. No stag&hen parties allowed. Names and ages of customers must be sent to the owner before arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : The owner requires guests to sign a rental agreement prior to their arrival.
- Tax : Tourist Tax of €2.30 per adult per night to be paid locally upon arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.