Charming Tranquil Château Within Beautiful Gardens in Normandy
This beautiful château is situated in a green valley within walking distance of an ancient village. A long drive takes you up to the charming, fully restored manor house that can sleep 14 to 22 guests. Just half an hour from Cherbourg, this is a wonderful destination for a weekend break with family and friends or a longer stay in the summer.
The château sits among beautiful gardens with plenty of garden furniture and a purpose built BBQ area. The tranquil setting of the château includes a small stream running through the grounds, two ponds and a wood to explore.
For those who want to relive past glories, the château offers an evocative slice of France’s past. Within the grounds are the ruins of former château buildings, a well dating back to 1753, a dovecote from the 16th Century, the original wine caves (now out of use and used for storage) and the stone windows of a 12th Century chapel that will simply steal your...
At a glance
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Ancient villages, châteaux, manors, churches and abbeys can be found within a short distance from Château Normand. Normandy has a rich history and is proud of its cultural heritage from the Romans, Celts, Vikings and Normans. The local village was once the feudal domain of the Bruces, ancestors of Scotland's famous King Robert the Bruce. Being just a half hour drive from Cherbourg port also makes it ideal for short breaks for guests arriving by ferry with departures from Portsmouth, Poole, the Channel Islands and Ireland. The château is close to beautiful sandy beaches (20 minutes), a wide choice of restaurants (10-15 minutes), a children’s animal park (15 minutes), the traditional French markets with fresh local produce (10 minutes), La Maison du Biscuit and a hypermarket/shopping area (10 minutes). Amazing places to visit across this region include Mont St. Michel (1.5 hour), the D-Day landing beaches (30 minutes), the Bayeux Tapestry (1 hour) and Sea Life Cherbourg (15 minutes). Calvados from the local farmer and wine tasting can be provided if you are interested. There is a restaurant 10km away for simple, good value French food. The local markets on Monday morning in Bricquebec (10km) and Friday morning in Valognes (12km) are also recommended. Within walking distance of the château, in the local village (2km), is a bakery, post office, bar, butcher, medical centre and pharmacy. Tennis and horse riding can be found locally. Golf is 12km away. The area is well suited for walking, hiking and (experienced) biking.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- > If not included, what are they? : 50 E heating costs per day only in the winter
- Linen & towels included? : Linen and towels must be hired at an extra cost of €10 per person per week (payable locally).
- Heating costs included? : Extra €50 per day, paid locally. Available approximately October - April.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : 35 € per week
- Changeover day : Saturday in July and August. Flexible during all other periods.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €120 for weekend stays, €240 for weekly stays (paid locally). However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Security deposit :
- Minimum stay : 2 nights mid-February to mid-May, 3 nights mid-June to July and September. 7 nights mid-May to mid-June, July and August.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Pool towels included? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : The 14-person price includes seven bedrooms only (on the ground and first floor only). The 22-person price includes all eleven bedrooms (including the upper/second floor bedrooms).